1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking of installing a few antivirus/antimalware softwares simultaneously

Discussion in 'Security' started by offthedome, Jan 24, 2012.

I could use some advice on installing several (free) antivirus and antimalware softwares simultaneously. They are:

Avast
    Spybot with Teatimer
    Malware bytes
    MSE

Any opinions?

offthedome, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  2. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't

Several antivirus software on the same system is not a good idea. They tend to conflict with each other, often times saying that the other software is a malicious virus. So just use 1

GMF, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  3. WebCare||360

WebCare||360 Member

Best Answers:
    Usually, many of the several security softwares have conflict with each other, so better is not to try several at a time.

WebCare||360, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  4. offthedome

offthedome Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have multiple ones of the list installed?

Avast
    Spybot with Teatimer
    Malware bytes
    MSE

offthedome, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you don't want to listen, then just install them and see what happens ;)

GMF, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  6. offthedome

offthedome Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I know many people have installed multiple antivirus programs without conflict and I am wondering whether those four or any subset of those four are safe to install together.

offthedome, Jan 25, 2012 IP
  7. RiotMan

RiotMan Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can install multiple antivirus, however activate only one realtime protection. let say activate avast for real time protection and off MSE realtime protection. i usually used avast and malwarebytes together with avira antivirus as my secondary scanner, deactivating real time protection of course. However installing many antiviruses and anti malware is waste of memory and CPU.

RiotMan, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  8. Jessica Rule

Jessica Rule Peon

Best Answers:
    You can install at a time one antivirus or security software in your PC.

Jessica Rule, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  9. arena leo

arena leo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello sir,

Expert always suggest that more than one antivirus in your system can harm your system as well as slow down your system process.Try to avoid using two antivirus at a same time.

arena leo, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  10. TheSHosting

TheSHosting Member

Best Answers:
    Be aware what you are doing before installing multiple antivirus. Because I have seen systems that has difficulties to boot due to multiple antivirus software are installed and all are configured to initiate scan after boot.

TheSHosting, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  11. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Antivirus software is extremely resource intensive as is, why would you want to install more than one? This isn't a production environment that you are speaking of is it?

[ET]Alexander, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  12. Israel Gaudette

Israel Gaudette Member

Best Answers:
    Many people think that installing more antivirus is protecting you more.. what is completely false !

Don't go for a free antivirus.. they don't have "pro-activity" protection what is the must important feature for a good antivirus..

good one are ESET Nod32 & BitDefender antivirus. Malware Bytes make a good job for a standalone scanner for malware in combination with a pro antivirus.

Israel Gaudette, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  13. cyht

cyht Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a need to install a lot of antivirus program at one go but if you are looking for a program that has such features, I would recommend you SecureAPlus. I just downloaded it recently and did not have any problem since then. I'm still playing it around with it and trying to know more about their features! What I like about the program is that they leverage on the power of more than 10 AV in the cloud which means a higher detection rate while not slowing down my computer. This allows me to do my work as per normal. In addition, they have Application Whitelisting that allows only applications that I trust to be running in my company. Well, at least I know what applications are running in my computer.

Best of all, it's free to download ;) So I guess there is definitely no harm in downloading it :)

You can check out their website to find out more about them - http://www.secureaplus.com/Main/index.php

cyht, Apr 9, 2015 IP