1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

php5-fcgi memory issue, best configuration for fcgid.conf?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by jhashan, Mar 24, 2015.

Hi, I have an AWS server with Apache, PHP 5.5.9 on Ubuntu 14.04. 2 core CPU and 4GB Ram.
    Can anyone please give me best configuration for fcgid.conf. fcgi using so much memory and killing MySQL server.

jhashan, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have any information related to fcgi. However, I did want to let you know that you should also check your Apache configuration because that can consume a lot of memory if not properly configured. The basics apply to both Apache and PHP: disable any modules you are not using to reduce memory consumption.

As far as Apache, make sure your KeepAlive settings are low or even turned off if necessary. The KeepAlive forces an Apache process to sit idle waiting for additional requests from a particular client for the period of time specified in the KeepAlive Timeout setting. If it is set to 15 seconds, the Apache process will devote 15 seconds waiting for additional requests from that client/IP address instead of serving other visitors. This means that more Apache processes have to be started to handle additional visitors and this can wipe out your RAM fast.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#keepalive

billzo, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly if you want to save memory, I'd consider switching from Apache to Nginx.

digitalpoint, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  4. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My question is, why are you runnign PHP in FastCGI mode when using Apache?

[ET]Alexander, Mar 29, 2015 IP