1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Aged Domain 320 Redirect

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nicheq, Mar 29, 2015.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is being posed in the correct place - if not feel free to move it to where it belongs

I found a domain in my niche for a PBN I have. It's 15 years old, not bad PA and DA with 10 links from relevant directories and other relevant sites in the niche. I can pick it up for reg price since it was dropped 200+ ago. All links thoroughly checked in Spyglass.

All links check and no spam anywhere to be seen. But when i go check it out on Archive.org it shows a 302 redirect from 2011 to 2014 when it was only crawled by Archive.org twice, so can't see what the site looked like then. However, when I go further back from 2000 to end of 2010 the site looks fine and I can even see the picture of the old lady who owned it. LOL

When I do a site:domain search it doesn't show up anywhere in search.

In light of the above my question for any experts is:

is the domain worth it?
    is the 302 redirect from 2011 to 2014 something to be concerned about in terms of it being used by a spammer before?
    is the fact that site:domain search comes up empty?
    if a domain was dropped so long ago is it normal for it to come up empty when doing a site:domain search

Any thoughts?

nicheq, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    years ago, urls from inactive sites would linger for quite some time,
    not so anymore, if a site is inactive for a period of time, then google will just
    deindex the urls, so if a domain comes up empty on search, then it would
    be normal for the deindexing to have already run its course.

So pick it up for the cost of registration, and continue to do
    your home work on the domain, so far, nothing seems abnormal
    about the domain, but I am no expert....

dscurlock, Mar 29, 2015 IP