1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Design a Weebly Website....What do I Charge?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by TMXX1, Mar 27, 2015.

So my client has a weebly account, it's all paid for and everything. We went over a basic layout, and I'm putting the site together asap. It'll probably be 4 pages besides the home screen, and look very simple and clean. It's a big business and generates a lot of income. What do I charge? Thanks.

TMXX1, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    How should we know? Where are you placed? That will have a huge impact on what you'll be able to charge. Are you a professional Web designer, or coder?
    What are you doing? Just using weeblys built in stuff, or designing stuff yourself? Any code, or just visual?
    If it was me, it would cost the customer somewhere between $350 and $1200, depending on how much work and what needs doing. But I'm placed in a high-cost country.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  3. TMXX1

TMXX1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in Connecticut. He does roofing, never a roof under $10,000.00

I'm not doing coding, just logo revising, graphic design, and using Weebly's built-in options.

TMXX1, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  4. minionnz

minionnz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Work it out based on your hourly rate - if you don't have an hourly rate, read http://blog.quoterobot.com/post/how-to-set-your-freelance-hourly-rate

Hourly rate can vary - don't be afraid to charge what you think you're worth.

minionnz, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Sounds like maybe a 5-10 hour job at most? Depending on revisions and such - if that's the case, and let's say that you're somewhat professional, and you deliver a quote for the complete work, based on max hours anticipated, you get 10 hours @ $60 == $600. If that's too little time, or just too little money, adjust accordingly.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Charging... for a weebly site... Charging? for a weebly site?!?

CHARGING FOR A WEEBLY SITE?!?!?!

Don't know what's more jacked up, that statement, or PoPSiCLe using the word "professional" in reference to it. It's bad enough weebly is one of the worst nube predating sleazeball scam artist bits of BS out there...

Whiskey tango foxtrot is the web coming to.

deathshadow, Mar 28, 2015 IP
    Jeffr2014 and Arick unirow like this.
  7. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    I was referring to the "design" bit - logo etc. I've no idea about his skills as a coder :)

PoPSiCLe, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I realize that, it's just by the time they pay the amounts you listed, and if they were actually a professional the question would become... "Why the **** are you using Weebly"

Though never underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of the average client who's already been scammed, then comes to you to magically save them from that scam without ADMITTING they've been scammed or switching away from said scam.

deathshadow, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You charge $50 an hour plus bonus! No seriously? What's your time/skills worth? You DON'T charge people based on their income level or net worth!! How much money his business makes is none of your business. By the sound of it, you have no business trying to be in the website design business.

kjh-08, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Of course what the client is able to afford can affect what you charge - would you charge the same amount to make a website for a non-profit, as for an oil-company? Probably not (at least I wouldn't). Of course you have a starting point, or a minimum wage you can't go below, but depending on client demands, and your overall feelings about the project and the client, there might be incentives to give a discount, or charge more.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  11. DyGy

DyGy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Charge based on value. If the site you are doing will bring thousands of dollars why charge $500-$1000?
    I'd charge something like $10k+

DyGy, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  12. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You charge what the going-rate is for your field! I don't care if your a non-profit or not. Business is business, I'm not a charity.
    So you're telling me you'd charge Coca-Cola a million dollars to create a site but only $500 for a mom and pop business. For basically the same time, design, etc. You are unethical and I wouldn't do business with you.

kjh-08, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  13. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Uhm, no, I'm saying I'd charge whatever the client is willing to pay - if the client is willing to pay by the hour, sure, no problem - normally that's not how these things are done, though - you submit an overall offer, for the complete work.
    How, in any way, is this unethical, btw? I fail to see how it's "unethical" - the point of a business is to get as much money as possible for a job - you charge what the client is willing to pay. I have a service business as my main income - I fix broken phones and computers and do support for small businesses - I charge differently for companies and private customers - I'm also not the cheapest, nor do I go with "the going rate" - why the f*ck would I do that? I know what my time is worth, and I charge what I can, and still get clients.

As for the different rates for different clients - of course I would - Coca Cola could afford whatever they wanted, and I wouldn't feel bad for a second if I gave them a quote of say $100.000 (given that what I was making could warrant such a quote). However, I highly doubt the "mom and pop" outfit would ever need something like that. However, I would probably give them a slightly lower hourly charge / lower overall offer. Simply because I would know they couldn't possibly afford full price. As long as I wasn't loosing money, I see nothing wrong with that. I would never charge less than what I could survive on.

14. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll tell you the f*ck why, because your not a business man, your a hustler. Go post another one of your Craigslist ads for some business haha.
    It's like Deathshadow said, he's charging for a weebly site?

kjh-08, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  15. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    1. You dont know fuck-all about me, so please stop calling me names.
    2. If you'd paid ANY attention, you'd figure I'm not in the US, so no reason to use Craigslist. Why would I even advertise? I don't, at all. I have one of, if not the top Google result for my area, for the most common searches for what I offer - I dont't need to advertise.
    3. 10+ years in this business should tell you that I'm good at what I do, and that my business is solid.
    4. At least I know enough that proper language also helps - here's a tip: it's "you're a <something>", not "your a <something>". And English isn't even my native tongue.

You're calling me unethical and a hustler with next to no basis - you, my dear sir, are an idiot.

malky66 likes this.
  16. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know the difference, but when typing I forget sometimes. Why would I pay ANY attention to where "you're" from? "You're" a nobody to me. Get mad haha

kjh-08, Mar 29, 2015 IP