1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have started Dropshipping business for India.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Harshal shah, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello Guys,

I have started Drop shipping business for India. I have more then 100 Merchants/Manufacture who are ready to give me Products catalog. And I have already uploaded 200 products.

What category should I focus, What is best way to get leads for Online sellers to signup for it?

Currently I am having Shirts, T-shirts, Jeans, Watches, computer parts, Mobiles, laptop parts, laptop bags and sarees.

Can You guys give me your feedback or thoughts for it?

Thank you..

12 Sellers registered. Let us know if you are looking for particular products. I can arrange that on priority for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Harshal shah, Sep 9, 2014 IP
    hostmela likes this.
  2. BeachMaster

BeachMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm very new to all this but I'd try the old fashion way. Cold calling companies and talking with them directly. The reason I think this would be successful is because they would be easy to find (seach engines), and they would surely be interested because it's a symbiotic relationship -- both businesses are better off.

BeachMaster, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  3. Harshal shah

Harshal shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Guys,

Unfortunately I need close this business. As There are some legal complication in India regarding this..

I am closing this Thread..

Thanks

Harshal shah, Nov 24, 2014 IP
  4. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Harshal,
    Can you please provide some insights on what problem you have faced with regards to dropshipping business, for the benefit of fellow boarders?

I know it is very popular in US especially on Amazon.

Thanks,

toughguy, Dec 5, 2014 IP
  5. Harshal shah

Best Answers:
    Hello,

1) We have different laws in different states for tax. and its not clear with most Accountant expert.
    2) As I am shipper and actual seller might be from different state. what tax should I Apply.? My state or my client state?
    3) As in India, flipkart, amazon, snapdeal and ebay are providing such a low price.. its tough to beat them. As I am buying from bulk importer or wholseller.. and I found that many of wholeseller are already selling on what price I am selling to my reseller. I just kept 5% margin so still.
    4) Many of importer are selling without paying Tax. and we cant do that in online business.

So Planning some other strategy.

Thanks

Harshal shah, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  6. Somen

Somen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Harshal, it is not so complex an issue, specially after the introduction of VAT (Value Added Tax). Taxes related to sales (or VAT) are always applicable / incident from the place of invoicing. It never depends upon the location of a buyer / customer. If the buyer and seller are from the same state, local taxes will be applicable. If buyer and seller are from different states, central sales taxes are applicable. Ever since VAT has been introduced, things are uniform and streamlined now.

There are some issues / problems related to Way-bills. West Bengal is one of the states which asks buyers (registered or unregistered i.e. with or without a valid sales tax registration) to issue Way Bills for all items being imported from other Indian states. At times, this does turn out to be a bit murky. :)

Somen, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  7. Harshal shah

Best Answers:
    Thanks Somen for your inputs. I had consulted Charter Accountant for the same. But Still not clear picture for it.

Harshal shah, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  8. mustcatchit

mustcatchit Banned

Best Answers:
    mustcatchit, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  9. Ramagrawal

Ramagrawal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys , I am also planning to setup an eCommerce website based on multi vendor system, I want to invite suppliers/vendors from from different locations in India to sell on my website however this will not be a pure dropship because I will majorly deal in non branded and handmade stuff and try to relabel the products... Kindly help me understand the legal side off such setup.

Ramagrawal, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  10. Harshal shah

Best Answers:

Hi Mate Link which you sent is removed.. :(

Hi Ram Agrawal,

If you need technical support I can help you out with platform for multi vendor market place Kindly refer http://www.xhtmljunkies.com/product/xj-marketplace

Also what are the category you are targetting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
    Harshal shah, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  11. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    For getting more and more leads, you need to promote your website first. Use digital marketing services for promoting your website.

Lipipaliwal, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  12. mustcatchit

mustcatchit Banned

Best Answers:
    mustcatchit, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that the difficult part is taxation. It's competing against big boys like flipkart, olx, quicker, amazon and ebay.
    Chances are that your sellers are already using one of these sites and selling at a very cheap price. They probably get a month's worth sale on that one day when they offer 30-42% discounts...

Instead of selling various items like T-shirts, watches, I'd focus on a niche like selling furniture only.

JEET, May 6, 2015 IP
  14. Ashira

Ashira Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You had a good selection of products. Has to be a way to make it work.

Ashira, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  15. olutony

olutony Member

Best Answers:
    i think is too early for you to give up. all this big e-stores also faces some challenges when started.

olutony, Mar 6, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.