1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by iamIM, Mar 26, 2015.

What qualities should an Internet Marketer have. And also what are various steps he should take to market services online, other than using social media?
    Thanks!

iamIM, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  2. VAKTA MONDAL

VAKTA MONDAL Banned

Best Answers:
    You should to know different technique to be a successful internet marketer.

VAKTA MONDAL, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  3. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A good internet marketer is someone who knows his way around the interwebz but can combine that with traditional marketing skills. Golden combo!

carot, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  4. Email Speed

Email Speed Peon

Best Answers:
    i concentrate on email marketing.... i can give you some advices if interested

Email Speed, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  5. Bryan Ebert

Bryan Ebert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think that a good internet marketer, in addition to marketing ability, has to be willing to try and learn new things. People who are just starting out don't always know how to run a blog, or set up a landing page, or how to get traffic. However, if you are ready, willing, and able to try and learn these things and more, you will have an advantage over those who are lazy or unwilling to do so.

Bryan Ebert, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  6. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    An internet marketer must have complete dedication, perseverance, and a positive attitude. It is very easy to get kicked down by not succeeding immediately. Especially most people get lost in the next best thing and end up spending money on too many products and getting nowhere. The truth of the matter is that there are a lot of legitimate programs that work for some people but not for others. You must be willing to put the work in, there is no magical button that you can push and gain instant riches. Unfortunately if you expect to get rich quick this just isn't for you.

There are many different steps to become a successful internet marketer it all depends on what you are comfortable with and where your expertise lie. I have been able to successfully start my business on Amazon and learned a lot of techniques to market online to my customers. However, as you will here most people tell you the best thing to do is create your own product. Whether this be from your own expertise, interviewing an expert, doing a joint venture, whatever it may be that is the best way to go. There are a lot of programs that will teach you this and the best marketing for your product. I can't sit here and honestly say there is a one size fits all method.

Dave Best, Mar 27, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In real estate, they say three things matter the most: location, location, and location.

In marketing, online or offline, there are also three things that matter most: testing, testing, and testing.

You need to try different marketing techniques and carefully measure and record the results in revenues and profits. By constantly testing and recording these results, you will learn what works great, what works okay, what does not work and, therefore, what to focus your efforts on. And, it is also a way to stay current with your markets because what worked yesterday may no longer work tomorrow and you always need to be quick and nimble to succeed in marketing.

jrbiz, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  8. Napol

Napol Peon

Best Answers:
    I also want to know the tips of internet marketing. If anyone know the tips. Please kindly share to me.

Thank you.
    omgformen

Napol, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  9. Napol

Napol Peon

Best Answers:

Napol, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  10. Hostwinds_Tech

Hostwinds_Tech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All great suggestions. I also think having thick skin is helpful as well whenever having any kind of interaction on the internet, especially marketing. Most people are great, but some people are just not the nicest and you can't let them bump you off track. Additionally, you can't let yourself become disenchanted just because you don't immediately make a ton of money. It takes time and dedication. Good luck!!

Hostwinds_Tech, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  11. iamIM

iamIM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey dave Thanks for those very useful and wonderful tips. I really appreciate that and I will keep them with me.

iamIM, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  12. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the best quality of an internet marketer is to adapt to the new trends. It is always important to try something new, to go beyond the conventional things. Apart from following the usual daily tasks, an internet marketer should also experiment on the strategies he / she have never tried before.

Resource9, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  13. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good internet marketer should know the value of building a list, no matter what niche it is. A good IM'er should also learn not to lean on Google to much, and learn how to use PPC. Most of the successful IM'ers I know, know how to drive their own traffic. Once you know how to drive your own traffic, your focus should be to create your own products.

The Peoples SEO, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  14. iamIM

iamIM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Got your point.

iamIM, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  15. iamIM

iamIM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dave! It was very insightful.

iamIM, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  16. John Paul007

John Paul007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer email marketing, It is quite easy and lead generation is way quick through sending emails to your targeted Niche.
    It is good in a way, you know who are your targeted contacts, you can follow up with interested ones and so on.

John Paul007, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  17. iamIM

iamIM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks John! Your suggestion is great. I have started with email marketing. A quick question please which platform should I use for email marketing? I want to try a free platform first.

iamIM, Apr 8, 2015 IP
  18. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Good internet marketing is where you could attract target clients in simple and catchy emails or advertisements. There are a lot of ways for internet marketing to improve like studying the behavior of must users nowadays what they like, the trends, the most popular things nowadays that are popularized by most famous people and etc.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  19. Ava Logan

Ava Logan Peon

Best Answers:
    The internet marketer should have:
    Competitive nature
    Problem solving skills
    Creativity

Ava Logan, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  20. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey iamIM,
    Dave gave some good advise, and here I dare to step in as well and provide some of my own experience as well.
    I am a digital marketing and project manager right now,. it took me 6 yeas to get here to where I am and I have had
    my share of bad days as well. To be a good online marketer I believe Dave is completely right, first see what you are comfortable with
    and what are your expertise. But also remember things are changing so fast and furious that you cannot spend a life time
    to learn for instance webdesign or front-end design and then expect people to hire you or be 100% successful. You gotta move along with
    the changes as well.
    I believe you are in your 20s and it means you have a great opportunity ahead of you to prepare and be the best in this field.
    one thing that is currently very popular is that even I am looking for multi tasking people, but this does not mean that you can answer the phone and
    write with your left foot, but it means that you for instance know both marketing and can edit a Joomla website, also so photoshop abilities.
    I have an SEO analyst here with me who who knows photoshop and some website maintenance as well, this enables me to be able to
    manage projects better even when my designer or programmer are on leave.
    I myself I am into anything new, so I keep up to date with forums, tech news and other outlets and once something is out I jump on it, like Structured data
    or Big data or ... But once I was making myself ready for this field I had to go and learn HTML5 to show a potential employer that not only I know marketing
    (I have an MBA in marketing) but also I can do some online work. I learned Google analytics as well at the same time.
    So technically what I am saying is to look what is your interest, read the top trending online tools or online marketing tools and aim for those.
    Learn them, work with them and remember nothing can beat experience. You learn through experience 10000 time more than just reading
    so buy a domain and test stuff on your own website.
    I hope this helps, I would be happy to help more if you tell us a bit more about yourself. What is you major and what are your interest?

Mehdi.b, Jun 11, 2015 IP