1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AWSTATS seems to work better for me...

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Mr.Dog, Mar 27, 2015.

AWSTATS always shows up to 10 times more visitors than Analytics and it does make sense. I can see visitors appearing there after a SM or PPC campaign, while Analytics doesn't even see them.

How's that?

Analytics somehow lags behind. Yes, I have the code on all pages. All sites and I always experienced the same thing: AWSTATS tracks more (real) visitors.

Perhaps Analytics filters them out for some reason?

For example: my SM campaigns attract a lot of traffic, comments. I'm 100 % they are real people, but they barely show up in Analytics.

Have you had any similar experiences?

Mr.Dog, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics will not capture visitors with Javascript disabled (unless they made some changes) or those that block it. AWStats, in my experience, severely overstates visitors. How does AWStats track visitors where IP addresses change (such as AOL used to do or some mobile networks might do)? Analytics will not measure bots like AWStats will. My AWStats can show 700 - 800 visitors a day to a site where Analytics shows 300. I always believe the Analytics number over the AWStats number.

billzo, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  3. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    They measure visitors differently, but AWSTATS is straight on the source, not some embedded code. AWSTATS is less sophisticated, but to me it seems rather like Analytics is missing out on real visitors rather than AWSTATS counting too many.

Mr.Dog, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nah, AWStats is vastly overstating "visitors" because it sees anything making an HTTP hit as a visitor... so things like Googlebot/search engine spiders are counted as visitors.

digitalpoint, Apr 3, 2015 IP