1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stop Doing Off Page SEO!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by michaelreyes, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Vipul SAini

Vipul SAini Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you all but i think YOU TUBE is also a part to increase traffic as like as other Off Page task but the matter is how you will play from off page strategies for a website, to achieve the high relevant traffic.

Vipul SAini, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  2. buildwebguide

buildwebguide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, SEO off site isn't useless if you do it in the right way.
    Matt Cutts says many times that if Google sees your site in Cnn, dmoz and other high authority websites that have an editorial process before approving a link, then these links really help this site rank higher. On the other hand, Matt Cutts says that they do care if your site is popular in social media, so you need to focus also on how to increase facebook shares, likes etc since this SEO -off site strategy now works well. GoogleWebmasterHelp Youtube channel explains all these.
    To sum up, Don't ignore SEO off site, BUT do it well, in high page rank websites, with anchor text diversity and avoid low quality article marketing strategies and blog comment spamming ...

buildwebguide, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  3. ManiQuadraincorp

ManiQuadraincorp Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yaa its correct one. Now a days off page page works are not effective one. I am also using videos creation and doing smo works

ManiQuadraincorp, Sep 10, 2013 IP
  4. nrvaghela

nrvaghela Banned

Best Answers:
    According to me, it is still working. Off-Page seo is still important to get traffic and generate backlinks. You are right that Youtube is very good for the divert traffic. And yes classified is also good for seo, but generally those links are live for 2 or 3 months.

nrvaghela, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still do Off-Page SEO, because it's the ONLY normal way to get TARGETTED traffic (you can always boost your sales with Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media sites, but why don't you want to get a few extra sales while you are not doing anything now as you made quality Off-Page SEO 2 months ago for example!) :)

patco, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  6. Vipul SAini

Vipul SAini Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I have also facing the same issue, I already start some off general off page activity, but I found no positive results on #saas #projectmanagementsoftware related projects, so if any one have idea what will be the next step to raise the keyword ranking in serp so please advice me.

Vipul SAini, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  7. Anti-Viruss

Anti-Viruss Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also in SEO since 2010 and doing ON page & OFF page activities and I totally disagree with that point "SEO is dead"; SEO never dead but it changed time to time.

Anti-Viruss, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  8. pankajsingh

pankajsingh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seo on page and SEO off page both are important to increase visibilty on search engine.......

pankajsingh, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  9. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Quality content but Off page seo still live.

These days you can't do spam. If you do the quality blog commenting, forum posting, Articles, Blog and press release are the affective way of rankings.

ashumastermind, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  10. urbanrestro

urbanrestro Member

Best Answers:
    Off Page SEO are important for increasing the Alexa Rank. By Off Page SEO we get backlinks and Backlinks from high PR website are good.

urbanrestro, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  11. Ash Stronge

Ash Stronge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Yes the rank does depend on the competitiveness of the keyword, but if you target keywords correctly and target high authority and relevant links, you can get to the top of the first page, which can become your primary source of traffic.

In fact, first page ranking on targeted keywords can dwarf the traffic from social media such as YouTube, in my experience.

Ash Stronge, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  12. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you in your senses?
    Off-page SEO is not just link building or directory submission which you used to do. Off-page is much wider that it sounds. everything which you do apart from on-page is off-page SEO, even the youtube, etc. and Off-page also includes:
    • Guest Blogging
    • Community participation
    • Participating in Q&A sites
    • Forum participation
    • Video blogging, etc.
    And link building has been a spamming activity since the beginning. I doubt if any SEO expert would have ever recommended it. Google and other experts have always asked to gain links not build links which still works, but you misunderstood that thing and started participating in one-way, two-way or three way link exchange programs.
    As far as directory submissions are concerned, so it was just to add your website website details to that directories so that others could refer and reach out to you. But you guys again started spamming those directories by adding junk of keywords, etc. and other also started developing link farms. Directories are still working and active.

Google even had it's own web directory because directories were the best way to find information. But now when Google already have quite advanced web search and believes that it is the fastest way to find the information you need on the web, so it has killed it's directory but never penalized the Open Directory Project at dmoz.org

You better correct your facts before suggesting or recommending anything. Don't pass wrong information, it create rumors.

khemraj, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  13. Krishspeech

Krishspeech Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is dead!!!!!!! Very funny

Krishspeech, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  14. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, SEO still live.

ashumastermind, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  15. Mazid Chowdhury

Mazid Chowdhury Active Member

Best Answers:
    If off page SEO is a waste of time then how we will do marketing for our website?

Mazid Chowdhury, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  16. Nazmun Nahar

Nazmun Nahar Member

Best Answers:
    On page SEO should be the first priority and it really must be, as google and other popular search engines give special importance on webpages which are well optimized. I agree with you that, on page SEO lasts long and it should be a continuous process to hold good page rank.

But, we can not ignore that, a web page should have good number of standard and diversified back links to improve the position of a website in search engine result page(It would be secondary, but important of course).

Everything we do for high page rank should be in ethical way.

Nazmun Nahar, Apr 12, 2015 IP
  17. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stop off seo means what? every website need quality backlinks on related website.

meethi jain, May 9, 2015 IP