1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you deal with that nagging writer's block?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Content Maestro, Dec 16, 2014.

1. energeticinnovator

energeticinnovator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of the worst feelings in the world for me is having to soldier through a lack of inspiration to get work done for clients. Forcing it literally gives me a headache that doesn't go away, even after I succeed in getting something in before the deadline. Ugh.

When it hits, I stop immediately and do something else. I check emails, watch kitten/puppy videos on YouTube, or maybe see what's up on Twitter. I usually find that distracting my brain, even for a few minutes, eases the tension significantly. It may so happen that while off doing something else, inspiration hits.

I don't know if this is true for anyone else, but I also tend to be more vulnerable to writer's block when I (1) don't get enough sleep and (2) neglect to give myself days off. I ended up working myself into a rut over some misconception that I couldn't afford time off. When I afforded myself better sleep and a work schedule that came with days off, I was less likely to feel icky.

Since I'm an unreformed procrastinator, I will tend to delay writing about assignments that I'm not that enthusiastic about. Even until practically the last minute. To keep myself out of trouble, I will do the related research over the course of the day (or few days) so the information is in the back of my mind. I'll think about the topic, how I want to write it that's as interesting as possible. That way by the time I finally get around to writing, the article is practically done; I just have to put it all down.

....Coincidentally, I think this post just solved my novel writing problem. O_O Thanks!

energeticinnovator, Mar 26, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.