1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Appraise and comment Drone site dronewatchdogs.com

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Mkcoy, Mar 24, 2015.

Hello please appraise and comment on http://dronewatchdogs.com/

What do you think of the domain name? I have been told its catchy and marketable.

The site has will have drone news, laws and reviews and videos etc etc.

Thanks.

Mkcoy, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  2. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    I cant see any value in this name, the plural hurts this name a lot

DroneWatchdog.com would have been a lot better

gilescoley, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  3. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No value? Hurts it? Why would it hurt it for being plural?

Cor talk about lower end of an opinion lol

Dronewatchdog com was already taken.

But its plural because it's not just one person. And because we're dogs that like to watch drones. :D

Cheers.

Mkcoy, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  4. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im just stating the facts, and anyone who has been domaining for a long time will tell you the same thing

Why do you think it was taken, it was taken because its a way better name

watchdog.co.uk
    USD $4160

FamilyWatchdog.com
    USD $3000

investorswatchdog.com
    USD $309

Plus a few more with Watchdog

No sales reported with the plural Watchdogs....strange that??

Look at it as the site is the "Watchdog" and thats what you want people to come and visit, your website, the "WatchDog" for everything drone-related

Hope that helps

Appreciate the kind words you gave to someone who took time out their day to give you a "free" appraisal

gilescoley, Mar 25, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really no. I see where you're coming from but at the end of the day that is just your opinion. Whether the domain name is plural or not doesn't really matter.
    I didn't want to create the domain dronewatchdog.com. I wanted dronewatchdogs.com so that's what I created.
    We are a bunch of people that share a passion for drones, not just one person, hence the pluralization.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a drone watchdog. We are not an authority!
    We are dogs (people) that like to drone watch. Or watch drone videos. :)

Hence drone-watch-dogs

It's not going to "harm" the site because the domain is plural.
    At the end of the day it all depends on the content and the backlinks. An s at the end wont effect it in anyway at all.
    All those domains or sites are crap or don't exist and are moot examples anyway.

Don't try and make me feel guilty for your "free" appraisal.
    You started with a negative comment and and finished with a half-assed sentence.

I said Cheers, what more do you want?

If you have only negative things to say, I'm not really interested to hear it. If you have a negative thing to say, try to say something positive as well instead of coming off like a petty jealous douche. Just my opinion.

Regards.

Mkcoy, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  6. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    You only didnt like it because the appraisal was negative, if you dont want negative appraisals and only want positive ones, an appraisal section is the wrong place for you. Most domainers wont sugarcoat it and say what a lovely name you have there :D

Not now it wont, but if you ever decide to sell it will

Again...dont put it in the appraisal section then, not all people will like the domain, its called "an opinion"

Jealous??? You are kidding righ lol, you couldn't pay me to take that name from you

gilescoley, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  7. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most "domainers" will say something intelligent. Both good and bad. Not just leave a negative comment. In hindsight, I should have just said okay thanks for your valued opinion and left it at that.
    No. Just no. When I come to sell it, (if I do) what will sell it will be how much traffic its getting and how much money its earning. The buyer isn't going to give a sh** about there being an s at the end of the domain.
    That I can get. But your OP wasn't an appraisal. It was just a daft negative comment. Perhaps you should enlighten yourself with the rules or this guide on giving appraisals. Yours did not.
    Okay got me there. Well not yet anyway. But it's a domain just like any other domain. What might not be worth anything to one person, could have a lot of value to another. Your opinion is just your opinion but other people may find it valuable for x reason. And also, like any other domain or site, a little work, some nice content, build the rankings and traffic up, get the earnings up, and people will be paying me to take it from me. :)

I actually see what you are saying, that non plural domains can be of more value than pluralized domains. But that all depends on the domain and site. Like there could be a pluralized domain that is doing much better than the non pluralized domain because it has better content, better traffic, better backlinks and is earning a lot more money. I've reg'd and done up and sold many pluralized domains in the past. So yes you have a point, but we must also bear in mind, that at the end of the day, plural or not, Google doesn't give a sh** if its pluralized over non pluralized, nor do the searchers/visitors. All that matters is the content, on-page SEO and off-page SEO.

Regards.

Mkcoy, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  8. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is an appraisal, if you dont like...tough sh1t...its the truth

Here are the guidelines, which I have followed perfectly

As for your part of the guidelines, maybe you should read points 1 and 4

You are a typical newbie domainer, doesnt like any negative feedback, you wont last 5 minutes in this game with that attitude, just take peoples comments whether good or bad, I get bad appraisals all the time, its what you do with it that counts

Absolutely, and that was just my opinion so dont take it to heart, you might find someone who wants to buy it for xx,xxx i 6 months time, you never know

Good luck

gilescoley, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  9. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Typical newbie domainer? I've been domaining for 15+ years. I've gone through over 200k's worth of sites in that time...
    I don't mind negative comments. As long as they are constructive.
    Your initial appraisal wasn't constructive and didn't follow the domain appraisal guidelines.
    Regards.

Mkcoy, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  10. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure you dont

I even posted them for you because you obviously havent read them, which part havent I followed, Ive proven you didnt read them by posting the exact lines

Your arguments now are invalid and youve made a idiot of yourself, goodbye

gilescoley, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  11. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive unwatched this thread so I wouldnt bother replying and wasting your time

gilescoley, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  12. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a douche.

Mkcoy, Mar 27, 2015 IP