1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor text distribution....

Discussion in 'SEO' started by quamz0, Feb 17, 2015.

The title exactly... just looking on your guys input on what you believe your anchor text distro should look like in terms of generic. terms... also, do you feel bing and yahoo differ from google in terms of generic anchor text distro impact? What percentage do you feel shoul be keyword oriented (both exact match or long tail). Currently I have a very distro on one of my accounts. I am ranking very well on bing and yahoo but not so well on google. I am wondering if its a big deal on bing and yahoo or if it effects them at all... I am starting to diversify in the hopes of gaining some google rank but also hoping it will improve my bing and yahoo ranks.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance guys! I always love crowd sourcing my info lol :)

quamz0, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  2. davidjhon123

davidjhon123 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what you want to know so clearly define the question. :p

davidjhon123, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  3. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would keep keyword anchors around 15%, Brand keyword around 20%, Generic around 15% and the rest naked url's

kjh-08, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  4. liquidone

liquidone Member

Best Answers:
    I keep all my money keywords and keyword phrases below 5% and the rest a mix of Brand, Generic and Naked with no exact percentages. Never had a Penguin using this mix.

If you look at bbc.co.uk in majestic.com it is a good anchor text model to follow.

Hope that helps.

liquidone, Mar 31, 2015 IP