1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Tactics For 2015?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MarketExpert, Mar 22, 2015.

Every year it seems there is some kind of update with the search engine algorythms that require us to change SEO tactics somewhat. What SEO practices are you using this year in 2015?

MarketExpert, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  2. CWT Inc.

CWT Inc. Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best practices that one can use in 2015 and beyond is making sure your posts are factual. There is a lot of news out there from Google, that more and more will be done to verify how factual information on sites really is. The other biggest change is by April 21st Google is requiring all sites to become mobile friendly. These are two things my firm is focused on for our clients.

CWT Inc., Mar 22, 2015 IP
  3. braulio

braulio Active Member

Best Answers:
    MarketExpert: The biggest change in seo that all businesses must come to grip is the April 21st, 2015 Google implementation of increasing their ranking factor on a site being mobile friendly in mobile searches. Mobile searches being identified as searches done on a smart phone. The strategy that Google is recommending to be ready by April 21, 2015 is located in this article. In the article, Google identifies 3 tools to help everyone to be ready for the mobile friendly increased ranking factor. Once again, the article dwells into detail of the 3 tools.

Please contact me via the contact methods listed on our Digital Point contacts page if you have any questions.

braulio, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to do this 2015 is to ignore those algorithm updates and focus on your users intent on how to provide information that is unique, interesting, and engaging as well as giving good signals from different platforms to show that your content is a hub of information and trusted piece.

KylieSweet, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  5. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyway, this change is for mobile users only. If you have 93% of visitors mostly desktop users and 7% mobile users. Do you really want to completely change your website to make it smartphone ready?

6. arena leo

arena leo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "Content" basic tactic...Try to work on it. Using Content such a way that it can drive interest to audience.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    arena leo, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  7. CWT Inc.

CWT Inc. Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I've always taught if you write great content a human will love google will find it, and rank you for it.

CWT Inc., Mar 23, 2015 IP
  8. VAKTA MONDAL

VAKTA MONDAL Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to use relevant sites for link building. Always find out unique source and content.

VAKTA MONDAL, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  9. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    As always, worthwhile, interesting and entertaining content is going to be key. Google has always stuck by the mantra that content quality is vital, so whatever happens you need to make sure you are not copying, not pasting, not offering shallow content when more thorough information can be found elsewhere.
    There are always going to be practical aspects to SEO, such as the increased interest in SSL, page load speed, bounce rates and so on, but the content should be the core of all your SEO work.

Conran, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  10. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you do! The reason your "only" getting 7% mobile would be because your site is NOT mobile responsive. Make it Mobile Responsive and you will see an increase in mobile traffic.
    Search traffic on Google is now around 50% desktop, 50% mobile. This is why they have made the decision to require sites to be mobile responsive. It's all about providing a great user experience, this is why Google continues to be the number 1 search engine.

If you don't change your site before April 21st you'll see that 7% mobile visits go down to ZERO.

kjh-08, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  11. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure it works how you say, since the mobile traffic is on stats even before a mobile user can understand how the website is and if the layout is mobile responsive. What you say is logic after April 21st. Until then, there's no difference between mobile and desktop on stats, and it's all about how your audience is made of, if mainly desktop fans or mobile fans.

12. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't really understand what you're saying here. Yes there is a difference of mobile and desktop users right now, in Analytics. Their stats are being reported in your account today-everyday. You act like April 21st is years away, it's a month away. Guys like you are good for competition! Because you are Not competition. Stay back in the stone ages of SEO if you want, the rest of us will evolve. Just don't come complaining how you can't make any money or rank your site.

kjh-08, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  13. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    REAL SEO is unchanged -- it's a minor part of building a website properly that for some jacktard reason a slew of sleazy scam artists have turned into an industry unto itself.

On-page have content of value, in a logical document structure, marked up semantically with separation of presentation from content. That's it, DONE! Remember too that "semantic markup" is just a sick euphemism for "using HTML properly" generally used so we don't offend the halfwits still vomiting up HTML 3.2 and slapping 4 tranny or 5 lip-service around their decade out of date and NEVER what HTML was for in the first place dumbass coding practices.

Off-site just post about it places people might actually care about your topic.

99.99% of the hoodoo-voodoo so called SEO "experts" spout on the topic is nothing more than scam artist BULLSHIT. They even bullshit themselves and their successes if you know where to look and how to look at their alleged "results". Statistics abuse is SO easy.

See "Keyword research" -- if you have properly written content about your subject, with ANY clue what you are actually writing about this shouldn't even be a thing; MOST of the time the SEO asshats use this one to choose some unrelated off-topic word, that nobody else is using, to then shoe-horn into the content to say "hey look, we made you rank #1 in search for a term nobody is ACTUALLY using to look for your content!"

Knew an alleged SEO expert about a decade ago who pulled that stunt all the time -- had a Photoshop plugin they were using a "let's pull a term out of our ass" for instead of just saying "photoshop plugin" to describe it, bragging about how his site was number one for that term. That would be fine if every other result for that search term wasn't about powder-coating automotive engines.

As ALWAYS avoid the biggest scams of all - like link farms, automatic social linking and any sort of automated tool -- you WILL get slapped down sooner than later.

So much of the dimestore hoodoo, five and ten voodoo the sleazeball hucksters and barkers who've turned SEO into a cottage industry say is 100% grade A farm fresh manure; anyone claims to be an SEO "expert" where "that's all they do", much less the mere existence of companies where "that's all they do" is as big a nube predating fraud as the "templates" vomited up by PSD jockeys with the giant pair of brass to call themselves "designers" when they don't know enough about HTML, CSS, emissive colourspace or accessibility to be designing a blasted thing for anyone.

It's the sleazy bullshit trickery that results in people running around like chickens with their heads cut off every time Google makes an algorithm change to slap down the abusers. You stick to the basics you'll never have to worry about that -- you listen to the typical SEO "expert" who tries to pack you full of so much sand you could change your name to Sahara... well, you get what's coming to you.

Oh, and the whole "better treatment for mobile" thing -- that's BS as what the hell does a search engine care if your page is responsive or not? IF there is an impact at all, it's likely because your HTML is better formed and more semantic as responsive layout is simply the next logical stepping stone in building an accessible design. To be responsive you are more likely to have cleaner markup that gracefully degrades better -- at least until you go and piss on it with halfwit idiocy like bootcrap or turdpress with the "let's throw a half dozen or more classes at EVERYTHING" rubbish.

Remember, search engines don't have eyeballs, so they could give a flying purple fish about your layouts. Anyone telling you that a search engine cares about anything more in your layout/style than detecting visibility:hidden or display:none trying to slap you down for content cloaking, generally doesn't know enough about what a search engine is to be flapping their gums on the topic!

There's a reason we used to say "if you want to see what a search engine 'sees', block table rendering if the page was built with tables for layout, and turn off both JavaScript and CSS"

Again, content of value in a logical document order marked up semantically, with the layouts and scripting progressively enhancing that base. Anything else is dimestore hoodoo, five and ten voodoo. You might as well be casting chicken bones and sacrificing sheep while dancing around a bonfire naked at midnight. Don't forget your goat leggings!

deathshadow, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  14. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    I have read some interesting debates on this factual issue. The question is "who decides what is factual?" For example, if you are Fashion Blogger then it is all about opinion. If it is an SEO blog, is it still about opinion?

I love the factual concept personally but it does leave a lot open still.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  15. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    OMG, but what are you saying. I don't care if you can set apart mobile visitors from desktop visitors in your counter. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there's no practical difference right now, since Google didn't update yet.

And I was not talking about my website or business. You are totally misunderstanding, I think you need to read all back again. I was giving an example, so I'm explaining again.

You have an audience of 93% desktop users and 7% mobile users.

Audience, not visitors coming from searches. Means your fans are all desktop guys. Can you understand this now?

Loyal fans who read daily your news and don't care about search engines and DON'T COME from search engines. Do you really think a blog with this audience needs to completely change its design to please that 7%? Am I more clear now?

And I'm a gentleman, because after your post I should use more aggressive tones but I prefer to ignore you, I'm explaining for the rest of the forum.

I want to assure anyone that if you have a solid audience, your website will still have it after April 21st.

16. EverestOnlineMarketing

EverestOnlineMarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this one. Regardless of the year and the new updates that Google comes up with, quality content will remain important and in style. Just continue providing information of value to readers, and you will get much traffic.

EverestOnlineMarketing, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  17. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! I totally agree. It's a lot better to focus on your fans, new content and how to be useful to them with your website.

18. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    can any please tell me that what about back links positions will i gain back links in 2015 and how to get fast baclinks to my blog,, what are the methods should i use them foe increasing back links and traffic please tell me, any one,,

Katherine Noto, Mar 24, 2015 IP
  19. ICA James

ICA James Member

Best Answers:
    You should depend upon content making and optimization

ICA James, Mar 24, 2015 IP