1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Become a Successful Networker

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jake The Competition Man, Mar 17, 2015.

That's an interesting topic, since I believe anyone of us has specific ideas on this.

Anyway, I think that a successful networker first of all always shares passion, authenticity and a big story that will impress you. It's the way to attract new contacts.

He knows about the community, interacts, speaks with the contacts and is a great virtual friend.

What else? setting goals and reaching them, being friendly and helping other contacts, always following up (lunch, coffee, referral, skype, phone, collaborations, what else?)

Your ideas?

2. abhinay.jain90

abhinay.jain90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just me, but when someone talks about "networking", I just assume you're trying to find a way to make a money off of other people's work (not that everyone else doesn't want the same).
    If you want to market, mass marketing will always bring in more revenue.
    If you want to learn, Google is your best friend.
    But both involve actual work instead of just chatting up people and peddling stuff/MLM schemes

abhinay.jain90, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  3. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience on LinkedIn I must say that becoming a good networker takes time and efforts and a lot of dedication. One must participate in many communities and groups, share content and provide useful information.

All of a sudden, once this happens, people start looking up to you for advice and information that might help them.

Here's my experience:
    -started a blog
    -got several articles published on other blogs
    -got invited as a guest blogger
    -several sites interviewed me
    -started running groups on LinkedIn (they are six now)
    -became a LinkedIn publisher
    -started writing on digitaldoughnut dot com

When all these things happened people actually started inviting me in their networks and groups and friend requests started to come my way

There is no actual recipe for that, all I can say is just do what you love doing, test and experiment with it and when you find the sweet spot and learn something just share it with others and teach them how to do it.

turbulence, Mar 20, 2015 IP
  4. TommyBWoodall

TommyBWoodall Member

Best Answers:
    Here are nine things you can do that will help you develop some warm connections, stand out, and be remembered.
    1. Share Your Passion, Authenticity, And Story
    People really connect with your real side and everyone has a story. It’s the new “elevator pitch.”

2. Target Your Audience
    Learn about the community where you are meeting. Research and find out about them on websites, blogs and through others that may know about them, or are members of the group.

3. Know The Guest List
    When you know some specific people that will be there, that you will want to meet, do your homework and find out about them. Company, awards, community activity, accomplishments. This is great fodder for conversation. How would you feel when someone you didn’t know yet, approaches you and says, “I loved the blog post you wrote on how to be a Mom and grow a business”? It certainly says something to me about them.

4. Work The Room
    Mix and mingle, and try to have several warm interactions. Don’t monopolize or be monopolized. Engage and encourage mutual conversation and include others into it.

5. Pair Up With A Mentor
    Find someone who knows the crowd and group and rely on them to introduce you around. Coming with someone others know and respect says something about you. “You are judged by the company you keep,” is the quote isn’t it?

6. Set Goals
    Have goals for what you want to accomplish and come out of the experience with: five warm connections, new friends, someone you can refer business to.

7. Be Inclusive
    Be inclusive and see how making connections for others makes sense both at the event and after. I have been amazed at how encouraging commonality and synergy can work with complimentary businesses.

8. Ask HCIHY (How Can I Help You?)
    This is the new benchmark for networking. Not what can I sell you, but how can I serve you. “Serving is the new Selling.” When people know you are in it for the right reasons and motives, the relationship naturally grows. Building trust, by freely sharing knowledge and being who you say you are takes time. Invest and commit to it with people you feel good potential with and demonstrate a mutuality with you.

9. Follow Up
    Follow up promptly and with purpose with those warm connections you made. Lunch, coffee, guest blog, mentor, referral, Skype, phone call, collaboration, link swap are only a few reasons to reach out and continue.

TommyBWoodall, Apr 1, 2015 IP
  5. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social networking might be daunting. Yet it’s a vital process for individuals who desire to create upcoming work, business deal, along with relationships. Here are some tips:
    * Must have a goal.
    * Think of network to be a puzzle you’re piecing with each other
    * Become unique while expounding on your suitable goals
    * Retain a list
    * Create modest claims along with maintain them and so on.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  6. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Equation is so simple first learn then earn.

Atikur, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  7. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Right networking also is like earning from others. Funny for me, but its the way on how you talk to others that makes you a successful networker also on how you deal with them. You also have to maintain a good reputation virtually. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  8. mairajassy

mairajassy Member

Best Answers:
    You can be a good networker by doing the right things like sharing unique and informative posts or contents ,interaction with other in terms of like commenting etc...

mairajassy, Apr 29, 2015 IP