1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $75 Logo Design Contest -- Ends Wednesday 3/18/2015 @ 12:00pm Noon EST

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Techs4Less, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Viktor Mojr

Viktor Mojr Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    USBoardCo.com_logo.png

Viktor Mojr, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  2. Techs4Less

Techs4Less Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the revision Kate.

Techs4Less, Mar 16, 2015 IP
    katesrobyn likes this.
  3. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

krishmk, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  4. jreign

jreign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    any feedback for me thanks and God Bless

jreign, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  5. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi everyone, the first meeting with the client went great. There were some definite favorites in the pack. :)

Here is the feedback from the session:
    Casapu - I'm sorry but they declined your submission. They didn't like the yin and yang design and it isn't what they are looking for at this time. Thanks for taking the time to submit your entry.
    swaroopte - They didn't like the first one that has the block-y looking person on the board (that one was declined), but they did like the second one with the surfer standing next to the board.
    Skaritza - They liked your second logo where the image is to the right of the text. They liked that font better and they did like the image. Can you play around with the colors some. They seem to want a darker blue.
    Kic3 - They really liked your logo. They liked that it includes all the different board types. One of the pieces of feedback on the other logo's with just one board is that they feel the logo might limit them. Like I mentioned in the contest notes they make all kinds of boards for the water (surf, paddle, wake, etc.) and yours has one of each. Can you tighten yours up some more and make it look more crisp. Maybe make it easier to make out the boards but still see the flag image running through them. Great entry!
    lanz913 - I'm sorry but they declined your submission. There were other entries that they liked better. You are more than welcome to take this feedback and try again. :) Thanks for your time and effort.
    katesrobyn - I'm sorry but yours was also declined. You are more than welcome to submit a new entry based on their feedback this round.
    iamwiki - Yours was also a favorite along with Kic3. They liked the design and colors, but the CEO was worried about it only being one type of board that they make. Not sure you can fix that without making a whole new entry but I wanted you to know what they liked and didn't like. Overall this is in the running, but highlighting only one board could hurt your chances.
    Erick0225 - I'm sorry Erick, your entry was creative and stayed away from the whole board feedback, but they just didn't dig the art. I think they might end up liking a iconic logo at the end of the day, so you ware welcome make another attempt, but this one got declined.
    kete - Kete, I'm sorry but yours was declined as well. They didn't like the bird design, and its more tall than wide. Your welcome to try again. :)
    pehulz - You got one vote. I think they like the incorporation of the flag, but having on the one board is limiting and having it on top makes it to tall. Can you play with this one some more and see if you can dial it in better?
    topsniper - Im sorry sniper but this first design was declined. They said the font was western looking which they didn't like. So that threw it off for them. Can you make another attempt after reviewing the feedback here?
    puttu - Im sorry bud, but this one got denied. They didn't like the stars and it just didn't get any votes. Please give it another shot after reviewing this sessions feedback.
    iulia87 - you struck a cord with this one. :) They liked your design and its definitely a contender. Can you make the blue a more dark blue and go with the first version where the text is all the same height. Maybe make the logo text bigger so its in line with the image block? Great work!
    Viktor Mojr - I'm sorry bud, but yours was declined. It just wasn't at the same level as the rest so it was declined.
    krishmk - I'm sorry bud, but yours was declined. It just wasn't at the same level as the rest so it was declined.
    getdomains4u - I'm sorry bud, but yours was declined. It just wasn't at the same level as the rest so it was declined.
    contestant - Im sorry. Yours was declined as it depicts a skateboard and they make boards for the water.
    jreign - IM sorry but yours was declined. It wasn't at the same level as the others. Can you take the feedback here and come up with a better more professional looking one?

Overall it was a solid first round. I'm very sorry for the delay in posting the feedback. The client is in New York on a trip so I had to coordinate with their travel schedule which was difficult. Please get me your revisions asap and also new entries are still welcome. because we got off to a slow start I'm going to extend the contest until 12:00 pm noon EST on Thursday 3/19. So, extending it one day. :)

Its still anyone's game at this point. they are definitely digging some of the entries so far but there is still a chance for anyone to take the lead. :)

At this point here are some pointers for revisions and new entries. They like the red, white and blue colors. However, they like a dark blue vs a light blue. So keep that in mind. They like the logos that incorporate a board but know that they are on the fence about those limiting their brand. They also like the iconic logos where people are coming up with a creative image to represent the company. So, like I said they are still pretty open minded and there is a lot of room to enter a submission that wins them over. :)

Keep the entries coming. Everyone is doing a great job so far.

Techs4Less, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  6. Kic3

Kic3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Kic3, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  7. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    usboardco-logo.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    getdomain4u, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  8. Mr.LeGeNd

Mr.LeGeNd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My Entry
    [​IMG]

Mr.LeGeNd, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  9. sushant1221

sushant1221 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback Please :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

sushant1221, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  10. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sushant1221 can you please make the R lowercase. Its USBoardCo. :) Thanks bud! They don't want it to say USBoaRdCo.

Techs4Less, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  11. Mr.LeGeNd

Mr.LeGeNd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Mr.LeGeNd, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  12. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

katesrobyn, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  13. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sample ads;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

katesrobyn, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  14. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

getdomain4u, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  15. gibblet

gibblet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My try....:)
    [​IMG]

gibblet, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  16. Agent-X

Agent-X Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My try feedback please

USBoardCo.png

Agent-X, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  17. jreign

jreign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    usboardsample.png

jreign, Mar 19, 2015 IP
  18. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks everyone. This is another really successful competition. We have over 25 entries so far between the thread and PMs. I am very thankful for everyone's time and effort. Today is the final day of the competition. You have until 12:00pm Noon today EST to enter your final submissions. I have been providing feedback to entrants via PM as I get it from the client. After the cutoff time today at 12:00pm EST I will take the entries to the client for one final review. Then I will come back to the group with a winner by the end of the day today.

If you have submitted a design and not received feedback please just PM me and I'll respond with your feedback. I'm going to run through all the feedback from the latest entries now. So give me about 20-30 min to PM the remaining feedback.

Thanks!! 3.5 hrs remain. Get your final entries submitted :)

Techs4Less, Mar 19, 2015 IP
    iamwiki likes this.
  19. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok everyone. That's a wrap. The window to submit entries has ended. I will post again at the end of the day today with the winner.

Just want to say thanks to everyone again for participating. It was another great DP logo design contest and there were a ton of entries. Congrats to all!

Thanks!

iamwiki likes this.
  20. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi everyone,

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest. There were a lot of really solid entries and it was definitely hard for the client to choose a winner.

During the final design meeting we reviewed EVERY logo that was submitted during the contest period and the client narrowed the designs down to four (4) choices.

The four designs belonged to:
    iulia87, Erick0225, topsniper, and iamwiki

[​IMG]

After a lot of deliberation and even a focus group decision meeting.....the winner was finally chosen.

drum roll please .........

And the winner is ........

ERICK0225
    (For the Repeat Win! Back to Back!)

Congrats Erick on the win. You amazingly have now won two of my contests back to back. Congrats! You won the $75 prize.

I do want to give some runner up prizes to the other finalists.

iualia your design came in second place. You get $15.

topsniper and iamwiki you both get a $5 finalist prize.

Please PM me your paypal email addresses so I can send you your prize payments.

Thank you again to everyone here at DP. This is truly a wonderful pool of talent. Every contest I hold on here is filled with amazing entries and its always a real fight for first.

Take care and good luck on your future competitions.

Thanks!!!

Erick0225, topsniper and iulia87 like this.