1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Constantly changing og meta tags bad for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nexel, Mar 16, 2015.

I'm dealing with a request to change the OG meta tags for pages based on the "status" of an item on that page, which could change every few days. The goal is to have something related to the "current status" show up when a user shares the page such as "X is happening right now!" instead of a normal "This is the page for X.". To do this, it seems we would need to change og:title and og:description dynamically.

Instinctively, I think having these change too often could be bad for SEO but I have yet to find any real proof. I've been looking for any information on the impact of changing these tags too often, but have found nothing. Does anyone have any hard evidence that this would actually hurt SEO or that there would be any other detrimental effect?

nexel, Mar 16, 2015 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you say "dynamically" do you mean for a set of scenarios relating to each end user or just to a set of criteria relating to a present trend or state of play with things in the genre/niche?

When you say "constant" that suggests to me you are referring to each user depending on factors related to that viewer or am I reading too much in to the "constant" reference...

Revelations-Decoder, Mar 16, 2015 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.