1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tired of Godaddy - Need a New Host

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by johno123, Mar 13, 2015.

Hello all,

I need a new host as I am growing tired of godaddy's pricing and sometimes support. I have to upgrade my whole hosting account because one of my sites is getting more traffic than what it used to. Not consistent large traffic, but spikes. Now it does not work at all, for any of my sites on that hosting account. For that I have to upgrade my account! Not impressed...

I need a host that can handle traffic of about 5 to 10k a day sometimes, and normal days is around 500+. I have other sites too so it would need to accommodate those as well.

Any help would be great. Not interested in new hosts.

johno123, Mar 13, 2015 IP
    BrandDoctor likes this.
  2. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your frustration. I would suggest you the same hosting that I use for my tech blog which is around 4-5 years old now. I have tried all the popular ones and I have first hand experience. Do not go for Hostgator. People may say they are awesome. They are the ones who don't get much traffic. The problem starts once you start getting more than 5k per day. Inmotion is a good host but the servers are not secure. My blog was hacked twice. Don't even think about iPage hosting :p

I use A small Orange and its been a year and I have no complains. The best part is their customer,tech support and fast servers. They also offered me free migration and setup. You will also get 1 free domain. Their fee is reasonable. You can use the coupon code to get 25% off.

If you need any help or have doubts, ask me.

BrandDoctor, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  3. spytorch

spytorch Member

Best Answers:
    I thought the GoDaddy sites were still just .99 cents. Then only 14 dollars a year right?

spytorch, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    often, the problem is not with the host but with the site owner. Google how to hack wordpress, you will find vulnerabilities in specific themes, plugins, and so on. It is not the hosts responsibilities to update your sites for you, nor to re-code from scratch poorly written plugins that users need, in order to make it hack proof. In fact, I had a security alert the other day claiming 80k odd wordpress websites were runing an old and easy to hack plugin... good thing is that none of my clients whose websites I MANAGE are affected, bad news is, that those 80k websites could be hosted with anyone, AND unless the host built the site, or is paid to maintain it, then its not the hosts responsibilities to close a door that is left wide open on someones blog.

Anyone in charge of running and maintaining a blog needs to either learn to protect it, hire dedicated teams to monitor it and maintain it for security, or switch to a HTML based website. This also means subscribing for security alerts, so you can find out and fix the problems before you get hacked, rather then afterwards.

OP. Any shared hosting provider, that offers cloud linux, will have limits that your site will likely reach when you have a spike. If they dont have these limits in place, then its possible that your site will affect other sites being hosted on the same server. Truth is, that it seems that you have outgrown shared hosting for at least one of your sites.

Right now, you should instantly move the high traffic site to any host (even if its godaddy). If it is moved to an account of its own, the total account usage *might* be under the account limits, likewise your other sites on the other account, will be under the limits and everything will be working normally.
    For example, I have one client with 50+ sites on a single cpanel account and all sites use server resources. Now lets say that one site starts using 60% of the allocated resources to his account, and the other 49+ accounts are using the other 60% of the resources allocated on the account, then, yes, all HIS sites on that single account are severly impacted, however, if the heavy usage site is moved onto its own cpanel account (even if on the same server), both accounts will be under the limits, (in this example, each cpanel account would be using only 60%).

But (again referring to my example) if this guy was angry that suddenly he was hitting limits and so on, and was to move all sites to another single cpanel account, with another budget hosting provider, then he would have the same problem, and possibly have to move multiple times, before giving up and having to get a dedicated server.
    Just try to move your high usage site onto its own cpanel account, (any host will do, or you can take a look at liquidweb if you want), and if this doesnt fix your problem, and if you are unable to reduce load via caching, or using a CDN, then truth be told, you may need to start looking for a VPS provider to host the high usage site.

matt_62, Mar 14, 2015 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  5. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should try wordpress hosting, cheap website hosting, resellers hosting or cheap web hosting.

Cecil Mah, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  6. pioneerr

pioneerr Banned

Best Answers:
    You may start from hosting services from ifastnet.com or a2hosting.com.
    They have solid servers, resourceful plans and high uptime.
    Support is active for 24 hours. SSD technology is in their plans too.

pioneerr, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  7. TheMostCreative

TheMostCreative Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can offer you a good deal, let me know if interested

TheMostCreative, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  8. jonathan service

jonathan service Peon

Best Answers:
    with 5 - 10k traffic i would suggest a vps with resources dedicated to you, I can help you with that. Where would you need to be hosted? I can provide locations like EU, UK and US.

jonathan service, Mar 18, 2015 IP