1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Me Promote My Local Computer Repair Business

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AffordableWebsiteContent, Feb 10, 2015.

I've been working online for several years now and recently I decided to start a local computer repair business to supplement my income. The issue is that no matter what I do online I can't seem to get enough business.. I do the regular things that I do for my online affiliate websites but nothing seems to work.

I've posted Youtube videos, post daily on Craigslist and other classifieds websites and even handed out flyers... no luck.

Any ideas on how to promote a local computer repair business that works?

Thanks guys :)

2. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe its your local that is the problem. Are there any competitors in your area. If there are, look as to how they target their customers, then maybe you could take it up a notch for your strategy.

thewriteone2345, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  3. AffordableWebsiteContent

AffordableWebsiteContent Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

More ideas would help a ton

4. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should do market research, research competitor, know demand of customers what they want. Do according what they are looking for.

Atikur, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  5. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ever tried social media? All sorts of customers are active on social sites. They may not always be there to shop, but we all know that they always want to look around :) which eventually will lead to purchases. If you are not getting a business on search and classifieds, why not try this one? who knows this may work. ;)

Vitarank, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  6. AffordableWebsiteContent

Best Answers:
    I've done YouTube comments with my business account.. But no direct calls came from that :(

7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Computers are cheap these days and are disposable. If anything goes wrong with a computer, it is usually the hard drive and that is an easy fix even for a novice. 35 years ago there were TV repair shops around. How many are there these days? None. Same thing with computers. As far as my local market, I do not find any actual computer repair shops, just some freelancers advertising on Craigslist.

If you want to attract business, a good way to do that is to portray yourself as an expert in a field with your own blog on the subject.

billzo, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  8. best service provider

best service provider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have good social media presence and a blog to promote your services.

best service provider, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  9. Curtisswn

Curtisswn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even a good social media campaign is going to produce a slightly good trickle of results. Some paid ads now might be a good tactic: ppc, FB, classified, print ad, etc.

Curtisswn, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  10. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you aren't getting a lot of business you should probably look at your price and the price of your competitors. These days, people are hungry for money and I know a few people that don't charge very much for their services. Also, are you just doing repair? Most people that repair computers can also offer data backup, spyware removal, etc all are easy things to do and you have to put it out there that you are an expert in the area. Stick with craigslist and tweak your pricing and the way you portray yourself. Let people know you are an expert with such and such years of experience and list all of the things you are capable of doing to computers. Also, you should come up with a name for your business and make some business cards. Start handing them out to EVERYONE you know and even offer discounts just to get noticed. If you are good at what you do, the work will get out.

Curtis Dawson, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  11. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    First thing first - What sets you apart from other computer repair shops? Why would I go with you if I already have a neighbor who also does repair? What else can you offer me? What if the parts can no longer be repaired, do you have replacements? What if I just decided to get a new computer, do you also sell?

Since your business is local and your clients are local, concentrate locally. Social media is important. Look for groups on FB that is found in your area. I am assuming that you have an established business name, business permit, etc. I also assume that you have already a logo, a business card, etc.

If you are really an expert in repairs, create an online blog that helps people do repairs on their own - Fix your own PC: a step-by-step blog. From there you give tips on computer care, simple repairs, diagnosis, etc. This is to build your reputation as an expert. Don't be shy to mention that you have a computer repair shop in your blog. Say something like, "It is always nice to do repairs on your own, but if you don't have the luxury of time, feel free to drop by my computer repair shop. I'll take care of your problem. *wink*"

God bless.

P.S. Do you need a website? Well, it depends. If you really want to build your brand, consider having a website.

consul, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  12. moonshaneisle

moonshaneisle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.... Is the location visible to people? Or maybe the business space that you have is not that lucky even if there are many people walking. And why don't you do a survey to your potential costumers? As well as make a tarpaulin in a nearby household but of course ask their permission :D

moonshaneisle, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  13. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think branding matters a lot. Do it legitimately and don't go around commenting on YouTube just to get backlinks.

Define who your target audience is, because your positioning will determine how you market.

Here are my thoughts:
    1. Set up a proper Facebook Business Page, and do content marketing.
    There is a plethora of new features for local businesses to market now. Add the latest CTA button on your Facebook page. Spend your time instead on providing quality content, and instill trust in your local community.
    Organize contests and giveaways!

2. Don't ignore offline methods
    Leverage on your friends and word-of-mouth advertising.

3. Set up your business properly on Google
    https://www.google.com/business/

4. See if you are able to work out any partnerships with businesses as a supplement
    There is more power & synergy - by leveraging on each other's reach

5. And like what the rest mentioned - Survey!

Hope this helps!
    Just my 2 cents :)
    Alvin

Ethan Alvin, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  14. AffordableWebsiteContent

Best Answers:
    Going to be getting some lawn yard signs, any places to get them at good prices online?

15. jimroddy

jimroddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try to list it on local classified sites, these are the best mode of creating incoming business for any level business

jimroddy, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  16. Jose Rodriguez

Jose Rodriguez Peon

Best Answers:
    Do some market research to find any competition in the area. you can also use Google Keyword planner and Long Tail Pro to find keywords related to your site with high search volume and low competition.

Post on Social media sites regularly to gain an audience that is likely to share your business

Jose Rodriguez, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  17. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    i use to promote a computer repair services locally. its usually tiresome when you can't reach these people but try creating a local forum maybe yourcitytechforum.com and make lots of posts there from postloop.com.

Eventually people who got computer problems will post there. you can also create a linkedin group for the site invite people within your area to join the linked group.

TB Ann, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  18. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Think local, newspapers, Craigslist, other classifieds, radio, etc..

Have specials, and even start an online store in case your in-door traffic ins't so hot one day. An online store can help you create even more residual income in the long run.

TheDuke2011, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  19. heruma

heruma Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you have to spend more on offline promotion. Flyers, newspaper ads, etc. Always have your social media account printed there too.
    Put your customer testimonial on your FB page.
    Ask your satisfied customer to post in their social media account about how satisfied they are with your services.
    Print a lot of business cards, join community events, talk to people and exchange business cards.
    Go to local or regional business events like seminars, commerce exhibition, talk to people and exchange business cards.
    Offer free services like cleaning browser from irritating plugin that seems to be unable to install.

heruma, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  20. trabic

trabic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly suggest targeting to buy a listing in yahoo small business. In addition to the traffic can get quality links. In general, any directory where you can register your business will be useful to you

trabic, Mar 11, 2015 IP