1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Migration from web application in xammp to cloud platform

Discussion in 'Programming' started by kenioioio, Mar 8, 2015.

I am very new to cloud platform, recently I am doing a project in cloud environment, can I start my project using xammp first.After all the testing procedure being done and bug free, I will push it to cloud platform and will it having problem in cloud platform ?

kenioioio, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  2. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there.

There shouldn't be any problem running your app on a cloud platform, as it uses the same tools (apache, mysql, php, etc). You will of course need to create the database on the server and set the credential (host, user, pass) on your configuration files.

You might run into some apache/php warnings or errors, since usually servers have much stricter security features than xammp. The best tip is to activate all php warnings and errors locally.

Good luck!

danielbruzual, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  3. kenioioio

kenioioio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sry Daniel, I wanna know something more clearly, what is means by php warning ?is that one related to cloud platform server configuration ?

kenioioio, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  4. snopycobra

snopycobra Active Member

Best Answers:
    host apps in cloud is very easy.you need to install control panel on cloud like virtualmin or zpanel or if you have managed hosting in cloud you can host website easily..you need to create database and upload the files there and update the website database connection...thats it

snopycobra, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  5. danielbruzual

danielbruzual Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey kenioioiio, I think my post just confused you more. What I mean is that sometimes you might run into small problems caused by configuration differences between your local server, and your cloud platform. However, you should be able to solve all of these as they come, you will usually notice when installing the scripts.

danielbruzual, Mar 9, 2015 IP