1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Increasing traffic on Unofficial Fan site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by YesBoss, Mar 4, 2015.

Hello,

I have invested on a Japanese game that will be released in the US soon. I purchased the domain and setup a wordpress site. I started by writing and also copy pasting few infos here and there to entice the western fans since most info/news are in Japanese.

I have been writing news articles covering latest updates of the game. I can created tumblr,twitter,facebook and pinterest. All my news updates gets posted on to all of the media except for pinterest.
    I share links on reddit whenever i post new updates.

Most of my traffic comes from Reddit. When I share on Reddit I receive between 1000-2000 a day, then it dies after the second day.

My facebook page has 5-10 active fans and twitter is active as well.

Now, what more can I do to increase traffic and also future monetizing options. I have amazon and had 1 item sold in the past 3 months.

any suggestion would help. Dos and donts and what I should improve. At the moment Im just writing news and sharing it on reddit but its only 2-3 a week.

I am currently using Yoast SEO plugin, I tag all my posts and keep contents unique even though i have few info pages of wiki contents.

YesBoss, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if you get engagement from your followers? If yes, how much?

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  3. YesBoss

YesBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont get much engagement from Facebook & Twitter. Although its not a good start as I have few regular followers retweeting/likeing posts.

Most of my traffic comes from Reddit and few(1-8) from Facebook, Twitter and Stumbleupon per day. Positive thing is people sometimes starts discuss on few topics I post so thats were the exposure comes from mostly.

YesBoss, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  4. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    try to make better contents, something that can spark discussions. combined with Politics, this usually will make things happen and post the link on your fan page, this will make traffic both to your facebook and website as well.

TB Ann, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  5. YesBoss

Best Answers:
    I do try my best to writer better and unique contents and they do create discussion in Reddit once i post it which is why i get 1000+ visitors from there. All my post goes to FB,Twitter,G+ and Tumblr but those doesnt get any replies but few likes.

But if i dont share on reddit then the visitors gets very low. It stays around 25-50 visitors vs Reddit posts which gets 1000+. I would like to have better constant traffic without reddit.

YesBoss, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  6. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be great if you could share your website URL for better suggestions :)

Kushal Shah, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    Well, for me that's a good start, you just need to experiment or try new strategies that might increase your engagement more.
    If people are already talking about your topic then there is something that triggers them or interests them, which you'll need to dig in deeper.
    What you need to do is to analyze these people and their actions and also yours. So, you are be able to come up to something that will work more effectively.
    Keep it up!

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  8. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do:
    1. Pick unique news in your niche, add some more value and publish on your blog.
    2. Share others' news or blog post in reddit that may be liked by other people not only yours.
    Don't copy content from any where else.

Kristina Roy, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  9. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to invest in Facebook advertisement to get more exposure and real likes and followers.

King-Servers, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  10. YesBoss

Best Answers:
    Yes as more people are engaging I can conclude that im going a right way somewhat. Just need to improve or keep stable. Thanks for the advice Ann :)

I have been trying to avoid copy contents, but i do have some from past and few info from wiki as static page. Is that okay? or should i rewrite those?

Thanks for that advice. I will do that since Twitter is very active and Facebook is not.

YesBoss, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  11. YesBoss

Best Answers:
    also one quick question. I have noticed that my site's Alexa ranking went from somewhere around 1,900,000 to 835,688 within a month. What does that mean? Is that based on traffic or other things very?

YesBoss, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    Well I don't rely on Alexa ranking, in my personal opinion. I don't think it is something important.
    But based on my understanding about it, Alexa ranking is based on the amount of traffic (page views) your site receives.
    So, if you get on 835,688 it means that your site traffic (page views) improved. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 10, 2015 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  13. YesBoss

Best Answers:
    great! Improvement is good. Thanks for the info, thats all i needed to know about Alexa.

YesBoss, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  14. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    Share your Site/Blog to social Media sites regular basis to get high traffic on your website.

deepakrajput, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  15. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    StumbleUpon is also a good choice.. of course don't forget Pinterest which can help you a lot if you can get a GOOD HD picture from the game and post it there. The power is if that picture goes viral! ;)

patco, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  16. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should rewrite it to protect your site from being banned in future. These days, Unique content is first priority so it will be more helpful for you.

Kristina Roy, Mar 14, 2015 IP