1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is twitter good for affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by mrweb, Nov 18, 2014.

Hello,
    I have a Fb page with 300 fans, and I cannot afford FB ads to get 10.000 fans for example, so, I decided to focus on twitter instead and trying to market my travelling offers. I'm wondering is twitter good for affiliate marketing? Or I'm wasting my time?

I have 1050 followers now, and I get about 10 new followers daily, I follow people and they follow back, or they follow me and I follow back.

Thank you

mrweb, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  2. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First you should look at this video about FB ads, it will chnage your mind even if you had some cash to spend
    I am getting sales thru twitter, getting followers is good though they have to insterested by your products or services, getting random followers it's pretty useless, have you ever tracked your tweets?

IG2010, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  3. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the video. How do I track my tweets?

mrweb, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  4. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, twitter can help drive traffic to your website by increasing your loyal audience.

Dario McNut, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  5. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is good for affiliate marketing. If you want to get more facebook fans or twitter followers you can get them from ebay, cost about $15 per 3000 fb fans.

Naina S, Nov 25, 2014 IP
  6. @Tweet4MoreBiz

@Tweet4MoreBiz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi - we've being doing this on Twitter for 18 months now so know what works (and what doesn't work). To help people do the same we've put together a list of our top 7 practical tips that will help you use Twitter effectively. If you are interested you can register to receive these tips here: http://tweet4more.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=b77921818d1a3fab4084df479&id=eb9d3dc3ce

The tips cover all the things you need to know (not just growing followers, though as an example we have grown our own account to 12,000 real people). Let me know what you think! Martin

@Tweet4MoreBiz, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  7. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think buying followers or fan is not a good idea, right!!!!

How many real followers do I have to have to start making money on twitter !!!

mrweb, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  8. kate_T

kate_T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    correct :) fake followers won't do you any good aside from making you look popular because of the number of followers you have but who cares??! many people know that followers and likes can be faked so better have the real thing which will bring you money :)

kate_T, Dec 19, 2014 IP
  9. Sporty22

Sporty22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, i own 25 Twitter accounts in different niches. Twitter can be very useful if you use it the right way! If you follow people, the should be interested in you niche. Just do a Twitter search to find out the people... DONT buy any fake followers, this makes no sense, because how they should buy something? lol

I also recommend, to send the people to a landing page and not direct to an affiliate offer! Twitter still is a social network and you first need to build trust to the people, if you want them to buy somehting from you, eh...

I promote my landing pages in a 1:8 ratio with informations about the different niches...

Sporty22, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  10. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I send them directly to the links. I'm marketing traveling offers

mrweb, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  11. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm curios about your offers? Hmm..
    And also your strategies of enticing/inviting your followers??

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  12. cousin benammi

cousin benammi Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is one of the best marketing tool because it give you a high target costumers
    I get this course that realy help me to build my followers naturaly and with my niche that i want, and from time to time a share an affiliat link and make same sells,
    i was but it just 9 $ with discount https://www.udemy.com/twitter-marketing-mass-destruction/?couponCode=for9
    i wish this coupon still work
    the video 22 or 23 explain more about twitter marketing

cousin benammi, Dec 26, 2014 IP
  13. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a good place to start with Twitter. Not my best but I've made some sales with it's help.

aditd, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  14. SAIFUL-ISLAM

SAIFUL-ISLAM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter is great platform for getting unique traffic for your affiliate or any business...

SAIFUL-ISLAM, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  15. PrimeWebDev

PrimeWebDev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter traffic is not very good for affiliate marketing. You will make some sales but the quality of twitter traffic is low. People in general are not in "buying mode" on twitter. You will have to start with getting them to a landing page where you try to convince them to sign up for your newsletter with an auto responder, like give them something for free, and then you start building trust. In my opinion I'd go for Google AdWords or Bing ads instead.

PrimeWebDev, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  16. SAIFUL-ISLAM

SAIFUL-ISLAM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you.....

SAIFUL-ISLAM, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  17. jenn2890

jenn2890 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too don't think buying followers is a good idea. I think you should scrape your competitors's accounts and then you will know exactly who to follow and message hence you already know they are your target audience (as they following your competitors...)
    there are different way to do so:
    1. There's YouTube videos that could help you like this one:
    2. You can use https://myhelpster.com/gethelp/export-twitter-followers-account-excel/
    they have a service doing exactly that.
    3. Use https://hootsuite.com/ its a great website but in my opinion its not so easy to scrape from there if you are looking to find audience from a specific country.
    good luck! :)

jenn2890, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  18. PrimeWebDev

PrimeWebDev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hootsuite and Socialoomph - It's hard to start paying for features that used to be free. Now all of a sudden they start charging for everything. Scraping competitors accounts is one way to do it, but social media is according to my experience a very time consuming detour for getting sales and money in your pocket.

PrimeWebDev, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  19. mrweb

mrweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Useful tips thank you

mrweb, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  20. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    Do you tell them in the tweet that it is an affiliate link?

ITeachBlogging, Mar 23, 2015 IP