1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a specific domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by syda, Mar 6, 2015.

Is there a tool that tells me when a specific domain name becomes available for registration? Currently it says it's pending renewal. Hopefully the owner won't renew it, when can I get it?

syda, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In short - no. Or at least such a tool would not be accurate at all because it will have to pull up Whois data in real-time (and even most Whois searches do not do that).

Each domain has a life cycle and although that slightly differs with different providers, generally it can give you an idea of when to expect the release of the domain. Put it as a reminder note and frequently check so you can snatch it in time (though sometimes the provider might decide not to release it at all). Here is the graph in case you are unaware:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-lifecycle-2012-02-25-en

Hope that helps ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  3. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can head over to snapnames, try for it there. It's getting harder and harder though to get quality names as many providers are retaining them and setting them to auction. Good luck though!

tastysites, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  4. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks! I'm sure that nobody else is even interested in this domain. It's not an english domain name, but in my own language.

I actually registered it first, had a site up and about two years ago sold it with the whole site. But now I noticed that the buyer probably didn't know how to use it properly and dropped it, the site was not up anymore when I checked about 6 months ago. Now it also shows that the domain has not (yet) been renewed. So I'm hoping to get the domain back and set the whole site up again. It made me around $300-$400 per month and should start making it again if set it up just as it was. Then I can sell it again or keep it, not sure yet :)

syda, Mar 6, 2015 IP