1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Easy $80 Wire Frame Design Competition

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by hunterhancock, Mar 4, 2015.

These wire frames will be used for a mobile app called Parashoot.

The client is looking for a game layout that is very simple and we want them to be illustrated through these few wire frames.

Hex Color- E4833E, 99633D, FFFFFF, 00FF3D, 067300, 000000

The winner will need to provide the logo in vector and psd.

I will not accept any private message (PM) submissions.

The contest is for 72 hours or until a clear winner is decided on. Please let me know in the thread if you have any questions.

This is the App Icon for the Parashoot app.

The wire frames should coincide with this icon.

Here are the three wire frames my client has chosen for you to illustrate. The winner that the client chooses for their demonstration of these three wire frame will be the one to design the other 16 frames. The prize is $5 a frame, awarding the winner with the $80 prize.

Attached Files:

hunterhancock, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  2. DesignBytes

DesignBytes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry, let me know your feedback.

parashoot-app-ui.jpg

1. Gave the concept that the person will dig a pit and keep falling down through it
    2. Icons, Colors, and element changes can be done.

You may contact me at:
    Email:
    Portfolio: behance.net/design-bytes

I work for website, windows and mobile devices UI/UX design and coding (to an extent).
    I have a fair knowledge in SEO and current leading web trends.

Regards,
    ~CB~ @ Design Bytes

DesignBytes, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  3. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This looks great so far. I will ask my client what they think and get back to you by tomorrow. My client has made it known to me previously that they would really like the bank set up to be very easy, I like where you are going with it but if you could stick to the original mock up layout a little more, may be helpful for your next submission. Otherwise great and I'll let you know what else my client likes and dislikes.
    Thanks

hunterhancock, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  4. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey @~CB~ I have some changes. So my client really liked what you had but he doesn't want to be able to see the status bar at the top of any screens. The bank should be set up a little more like the one given, but not too much, just add a little more of the Bank part and then have the restart button at the top. Also to change the word "Glide" to "Fall," it is a falling game and the parachute is only part of the game, where you have to slow down or dodge arrows that shoot at you from the wall. Lastly, the walls should be designed as if a child had colored them in with a brown crayon, but my client wants there to be little diamonds, treasure chests, skeletons, and gold objects in the wall that look real-ish. We hope that this will give it a simple cartoon kind of look. The stick figure is great and the background is great too. Thanks so much, we are excited to see what you come up with.

hunterhancock, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  5. Easter21

Easter21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please wait for my submission!

Easter21, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  6. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will wait, please submit and make changes to what has been said. I hope more people will try this contest out, it had good money involved. My client really likes to see your talents. Thank you.

hunterhancock, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  7. DesignBytes

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks.

One question:
    1. Should I remove the Fall again part ? and just keep a rectangular Restart button at top left ? Or just move the Fell again parashoot to top left ?

I will make it look interesting now, since I didn't knew that all will work :)
    Please wait for my revisions.

Regards,
    CB @ Design Bytes

DesignBytes, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  8. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You do not need to remove the restart option, just change the word "glide" to "fall" and you can leave it where it is. For the bank, I would like it to look a little more similar to the one given as an example. And for the wall designs, just follow the layout I have given you previously. My client is really looking forward to what we get. Thanks for sticking with it, good luck.

9. DesignBytes

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Few more questions:
    1. Bank screen is to buy more points ? right
    2. Meters: is a button ? or label ? , and the 0018450pts. is lable ? , what is the icon next to them for ?
    3. under neath is the points buying list ? is it showing different types of parashoots you can buy either with points or with $ ? , points and $ should be buttons as I presume now ?

10. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great questions:
    1. Bank is to use the points or meters traveled in the game to upgrade parachute or to make an in app purchase through iTunes to upgrade your parachute sooner. The further you travel in the game the more points you get and that is what the bank is recording.
    2. Meters is a label, showing that this is how many meters your have. The 0018450pts. is a label as well that is showing how many points you have gained so far due to the distance you have traveled in the game. The icon next to that is a bad quality image of an app store icon label that represents that the user can either use points to upgrade the parachute or use their iTunes money through the app store to make an in app purchase.
    3. Yes that is correct. Each amount of points and money goes up, they are buttons, which represent the user purchasing a parachute upgrade. Each parachute label on the left should look increasingly better than the last. Use your creativity to make them look sick and enticing.
    These were great questions, if you have any more please feel free to ask. Thanks so much.

11. DesignBytes

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my revised entry, expecting some feedback. I will change the mud-pattern later.

parashoot-app-ui-final.jpg

Added some diamonds, skulls, and game objects.
    A suggestion, to use an upward coming cutter/blade or an arrow in red, choose either and I will remove the other.

Regards,
    CB @ Design Bytes

12. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Comments:
    1. My client likes the beginning page, except for the mud-pattern walls, which you said you will change, otherwise it is great! Mostly because it is simple.
    2. The bank page is getting better. If you would use a grid of some sort on the page it would make it much easier to understand. Right now it looks like there is a bunch of floating things. Also the red blade does not support this game, in the sense that it is supposed to be very child friendly. So you can take it out. If you would put the meters/points and apply icon below the line where the OR is and right above the other bank stuff that would be better as well. Eventually the parachutes needed to look really sick for the upgrades.
    3. For the third screen, it is just way to cluttered. My client is going for very simple. So when you fix the walls just put a few things here and there, and put it right on top of the brown wall, don't make white space for it. Just an update on the walls, my client is looking for a design as if a child had colored them in with dark and light brown crayon, sort of like the app icon.
    4. No skulls, spider webs, or the bejewled looking jewels. They are too over used. We want something different.
    5. One other thing about this game that might help a bit is that while you are falling there will be arrows shooting at you from the walls. That is why I chose that screen to see how you might illustrate the demo phrase that says "upcoming arrows." Give it a look and see what you can come up with.
    Thanks

13. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm heading off to bed, please keep working on it and ask questions. I'll update you in the morning.
    Thank you for all your work so far.

14. DesignBytes

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my updated entry
    parashoot-app-ui-final.jpg

1. Changed the mud with crayon like texture (can't believe now I understood what you meant, just now saw that PDF you attached after 2 days of work, what a communication gap)
    2. Cleaned the Bank screen , with separately visible sections

Other things and design objects can be introduced later if you select my work.

Regards,
    CB @ Design Bytes

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. Easter21

Easter21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's my entry. Anything can be changed.
    [​IMG]

Easter21, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  16. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh my gosh you guys, these are great. These designs have gotten so much better. I will be talking with my client in an hour or so and I will let you know what he thinks. Thank you so much for these submissions!

17. DesignBytes

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here are 2 more revised entries of mine, expecting a feedback.
    1. Clean bank screen with parachute holding the meters text box
    2. Used color pastel / crayon type mud walls
    3. Less and clean fancy items on the wall

parashoot-final-1.jpg parashoot-final.jpg parashoot-app-ui-final (1).jpg

There is little less shine in the screens as of the watermark I have put, will be removed later.

Regards,
    CB @ Design Bytes

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  18. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok so my client likes both of these submissions. He will be choosing the winner tomorrow and we will send out the prize money and package deal for the rest of the app to be designed on Sunday or Monday. Best of luck to you both. One thing that @~CB~ could change is that the arrows come out from the walls like bow and arrow type of arrows and also there should be words that show that there is an "upcoming arrow" ahead. Lastly the "OR" on the bank page is supposed to indicate that you can use your points OR your iTunes money to make an upgrade. Thanks for your efforts.

19. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    These are great! They will be looked over and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Thank you both so much.

20. Easter21

Easter21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Awesome, thank you!

Easter21, Mar 6, 2015 IP