1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Unable to list site for sale due to old SALE by previous owner

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by trustybizz, Mar 6, 2015.

?

Do you think this is a bug?

1. Yes, it needs to be corrected

2. No, once sold a site may not be listed again for sale by any user

3. Maybe, I am not sure

4. Dude, No idea what you talking about!

Results are only viewable after voting.
    I am not sure if this is the desired functionality in the current marketplace system on DP but I would like to bring to your attention this scenario which maybe a bug due to a logical discrepancy.

I purchased a site few months ago from another user and was thinking of letting it go since I don't have the time to maintain it, but when I tried to list the site for sale I got an error which says:
    The following error occurred:
    This domain is already listed over here. You can use the Bump/Relist option on that listing.

The link "over here" takes me to the old sale thread by the previous owner of the site and it is marked as SOLD.

I believe this functionality was designed to prevent duplicate threads selling the same domain/site, but shouldn't it also check for the thread owner so see if it is a different user selling the same site after a period of time?

There could be another link in the listing which shows previous times the site/domain was listed on the marketplace like Flippa does.

trustybizz, Mar 6, 2015 IP