1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create this Gold Effect?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by serialentre, Mar 5, 2015.

Hi all,

I like this Gold Effect on "Glorious Ruins".

Does anyone know how I can create the effect? Also, what is the font type?

http://www.dafont.com/forum/read/97342/i-need-help

Appreciate any help. Thank you.

serialentre, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  2. Omnisense

Omnisense Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Eye Candy 7 can do some metallic effects for text including gold. I'm not sure it is exactly what you are looking for though... That is the best advice I can give. If you do end up buying eye candy 7 I recommend searching for the 12% off coupon. It helped me hehe :)

It also comes in a free trial version with every feature for 15 days(and you can save files).

Omnisense, Apr 16, 2015 IP
  3. alexaa_369

alexaa_369 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can write out your text in photoshop using a gold color (or similar such as dark yellow) then go to layer - layer style - gradient overlay. Mess around with the settings of the gradient overlay to get the "shiny" look how you want, but in my opinion Overlay for the blend mode would look best.. play around with the opacity too to get what you want.

alexaa_369, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  4. serialentre

serialentre Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes I've been messing around with gradient overlay too. But I noticed that the font in the link also has a cool texture. The texture is like paint that drys up unevenly on canvas paper.

serialentre, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  5. serialentre

serialentre Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the share. I use photoshop though. Not sure what Eye Candy 7 is.

serialentre, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  6. alexaa_369

alexaa_369 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could just do what I said above. Find the texture you want to use or make your own. define it as a pattern. Click the background layer after adding the gradient overlay effect then make a new layer (above background layer, but below the txt layer) click the text layer and go to layer - merge down. Go to layer - layer style - pattern overlay & select the texture you made or used then mess around with the blend mode & opacity to make it look how you want.

alexaa_369, Apr 22, 2015 IP