1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress or my hosting is the problem?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by testblanc, Dec 11, 2014.

Hi,

I would like to speed a website (iris - france . info) but don't know if the problem comes from the website itself or from the hosting (OVH France).

Thanks for your suggestions

testblanc, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We will need a link so we can check the site.
    N.

Nigel Lew, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think he provided the link - iris-france.info, if I'm not mistaken. But the site doesn't load for me at all. It just times out. So either it's the wrong site, or there are some real issues, or he's doing somthing to it that makes the site unavailable.

PoPSiCLe, Dec 11, 2014 IP
  4. testblanc

testblanc Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes. it is the website you give here. It take too long to display any pages. Sometiles 2-5 minutes. I my post I tried to put the link and did not succed because of this problem. The post went and check the website.
    Thanks for your help

testblanc, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After quite a long time it brings the error Error 504: Backend unavailable. Moreover, from the provided explanations on the same error page the issue is most probably connected with the settings of the CDN you are using. Might want to check them out or if your host provides the CDN service - ask them for help if you are unsure how to deal with it.

Rado_ch, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  6. PascM

PascM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seems like it's not loading for me at all, search your error_log files and see what might be the cause for that.
    Some times it's a plugin that's causing the site to not load at all.

PascM, Dec 13, 2014 IP
  7. Prashant J

Prashant J Member

Best Answers:
    The Website iris-france.info seems to be working fine for me . IF you are face the problem its a Web-hosting provider issue . Please raise a ticket to the Hosting Provider .

Prashant J, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tested on tools.pingdom.com using the Amsterdam test server. First test had a slower load time, which is normal for a CMS. Second load was just fine. There is an issue with a possible missing file, main.min.css. It is noted with an exclamation point on the left column (!). A missing file can slow down your load time.

The first load (after the redirect to www) had a "wait time" of 4.02 seconds, which is kind of slow. For Wordpress, without caching, something along the lines of 1.5 - 2 seconds for a first load on shared hosting would be more normal.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dVu2Cd/http://iris-france.info

The second load had a wait time of 91 ms, which is fast. It is faster than the first load time because the files and such are going to be cached in RAM. They will reside in RAM for a period of time and if they are not used, they will be discarded from RAM.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/exbiWj/www.iris-france.info

Take care of the missing file. Then see how your load time is. 5.3 seconds is not fast, but with 108 file requests you are not going to get lightning fast load speeds.

billzo, Dec 15, 2014 IP
  9. testblanc

testblanc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all

testblanc, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  10. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ping.eu has great tools to test speed within the European countries. Check it out.

euro-space, Dec 21, 2014 IP
  11. Sonwebhost

Sonwebhost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your server is most likely overloaded try a new provider look in your c panel top right see what the load is on the server, then check the provider see what he is offering for memory on the server if it is not set right then your going to get slow speeds on your site. Try to upgrade your server. Hope this helps

Sonwebhost, Dec 27, 2014 IP
  12. godtor

godtor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first time visiting your site took like 50 - 60 seconds to load, afther that all the pages seem to load ok (1 - 2 sec.). You may have some error on your index, check the error log like others suggested.

godtor, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  13. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with you becasue most of the time I have seen this type of problem is occurred by the problem of site only.

Cecil Mah, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  14. linux7802

linux7802 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to use wp-cache plugin and optimize the wordpress database to increase webpage speed

linux7802, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  15. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cache plugin is definitely good solution, but first check the connection speed of your hosting provider, as some promise gigabytes per second , but actual speed is much less.

euro-space, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  16. gkhub

gkhub Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is your theme issue or ovh vps, ovh provide 100mbps vps and their network not so good.

gkhub, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  17. [ET]Alexander

[ET]Alexander Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you get this statement from? OVH provides some pretty high end hardware and and a rock solid network, the reason they are able to cut costs is their lack of software support staff and their innovation in cooling technologies which has allowed them to cut costs by 30-40%. That is of course with their enterprise line of servers, you can't exactly expect much from SYS/KSF.

[ET]Alexander, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  18. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your website links is opening properly. May be now it is speed up and you problem is solved.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Cecil Mah, Mar 17, 2015 IP