1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

mobile and pc google search result

Discussion in 'Google' started by bluebenz, Mar 5, 2015.

Hi,

I don't understand, why google give a different result for mobile version website and pc version ?
    I mean, what is the point ?
    Information or content are same, why they give us different result ?

thanks anyway..

bluebenz, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  2. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    What result was different? I've not come across this before myself.

lightlysalted, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  3. Tentationem

Tentationem Member

Best Answers:
    AFAIK Google collects some basic cookies or uses your logged in Google account, to track and recollect some better search results. From the order to previewed content and/or title even changes. This happens by JavaScript so if you were to disable it, you'd most likely be seeing the same search results.

Tentationem, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  4. tommyanderson

tommyanderson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google continues to differentiate mobile results from desktop search results, having recently announced interactive answers for tablet and mobile and a test for smartphone icons in smartphone search results.google's influential search engine has hit a tipping point in technology's shift to smartphones. More search requests are now being made on mobile devices than on personal computers in the U.S. and many other parts of the world.Google announces separate changes for mobile and desktop in their search quality updates, so the fact that there are some differences between mobile and desktop results that marketers should be aware of shouldn’t be too controversial by now. Yet, I know this is a counterintuitive and even an unpopular notion in SEO at the moment.

tommyanderson, May 11, 2015 IP
  5. Alex.p

Alex.p Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I didn't face this kind of problem so far. In my PC and Mobile I see same results.

Alex.p, May 12, 2015 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is true as a broad-based statement. However, in some niches the search requests are much lower than 50% from mobile devices. For example, my website is in the Religion niche, and mobile-device searches account for about 34% of the appearances of my pages in the search results.

And on a parallel topic, it is now three weeks since Google implemented its new mobile algorithm. My webpages are not mobile-friendly, but there has been no drop off in traffic. Mobile traffic has remained pretty steady.

Jim4767, May 12, 2015 IP
  7. austin11

austin11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Places listings sometimes appear higher in mobile results than they do in desktop, and domains with local intent are more likely to appear.

austin11, May 14, 2015 IP
  8. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mobilegeddon they call it... results will shuffle for sime time until everywhing is set.

H0stZealot, May 14, 2015 IP
  9. webmaster44

webmaster44 Member

Best Answers:
    Google shows result on depending lot of factors... when it comes to mobile version,, it will also check you site designing for mobile compatibility and also site loading time.

webmaster44, May 15, 2015 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    UPDATE: With Bing now announcing their own upcoming "mobile" algorithm, I'm rethinking this and may indeed take the big jump into a total redesign of my website to be "mobile friendly."

Jim4767, May 19, 2015 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As my observation, Google determine its position in the search results according to the engagement of the targeted users in the websites and this is for mobile and pc searches. Which means Google is using few different metrics (according to the users in mobile and pc) but almost the same as the Google guidelines.

KylieSweet, May 19, 2015 IP
  12. Webmaster.Xochitl

Webmaster.Xochitl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has made the different algorithms for mobile version website and pc version website. That's why, it is happened.

Webmaster.Xochitl, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  13. jean shelton

jean shelton Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think so that google gives the different results. I've searched a lot both on computer and mobile but never got the different results.
    About what the results are different?

jean shelton, Jun 16, 2015 IP
  14. abdrea klarin

abdrea klarin Banned

Best Answers:
    I have also experienced the different results but only once or twice, not more than that.
    Otherwise it has given the same Results all the time of Mobile and Computer.

abdrea klarin, Jun 20, 2015 IP
  15. stevenwatson011

stevenwatson011 Member

Best Answers:
    google gives user to better and fast results. because many of the website open late in mobile websites.

stevenwatson011, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  16. Prince Nayan

Prince Nayan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google search result are different on mobile and pc.
    http://www.hostsolutionbd.com

Prince Nayan, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  17. randall1022

randall1022 Member

Best Answers:
    With the big mobile update I thought that I would move up. I have a great mobile site. All of the local companies are old school no mobile sites. I dropped a couple of spots. Unbelievabl . There are companies that are ranked higher than me in the local results that do not even have a website. I absolutely hate this latest update.

randall1022, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    EDIT, August 24, 2015 — I have reconsidered my earlier position and am now making my webpages mobile friendly. I've "mobilized" about 160 so far and have about 180 left to make mobile friendly.

Jim4767, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  19. Tanvee

Tanvee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google shows all the websites (mobile and desktop responsive) on the desktop (Google search results) whereas it shows only mobile friendly websites on mobile. only those websites which are mobile friendly are shown in the mobile search results this is the only reason for the difference of search results in Mobile or PC Google searches.

Tanvee, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  20. hafilali

hafilali Member

Best Answers:
    i think google does not give any rule to any cell . i do not think .

hafilali, Sep 4, 2015 IP