1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Monetizing from a new website !!??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Prakashd33, Mar 3, 2015.

Hi Cool Peoples of DP,

I have been so amused seeing so much quality answers and threads on many different areas of Web 2.0 tech here... DP have a lot of real gems here :cool:.

Though i am relatively new here also am new to running my won website mayaida(dot)com :) .. my website domain is like 2 years old (The site is like an art gallery inspiring and featuring new art/artist every day)but i just started uploading content/design 2 months back now my sites average page view is 100K per month which is growing (we are getting our 90% from our FB page) + High bounce rate-
    Clipboard01.jpg
    But as i said i am new ..i am pretty confuse :confused: what to try and when to try for revenue generation ??.. After a little surfing i just found Google Ad-sense, Buysellads, Infolinks and Media.net most people are talking ..I NEED SOME EXPERT ADVICE FROM WHERE/WHEN I CAN START ?

Prakashd33, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is very visual so infolinks is not for you.

The nr.1 choice would be to go with adsense. IF you have problems with that go with chitika + popads.net

Hope this helps.

King Manu, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  3. Prakashd33

Prakashd33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you @King Manu .. i will try adsense first ...about popads ..don't you think its a little annoying format for the audience (chances are i can lose my fans ) ?

Prakashd33, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    popads pay well but I think they are annoying and I won't visit a site again that uses them. But there are people that don't mind them I guess. Adsense would be the way to go or make some posts from amazon to blend in like the photos, you might get some good revenue that way?

superrichguy, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  5. Prakashd33

Prakashd33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @superrichguy I am currently managing the site from India(As i said my domain is 2 years old but the site is up only 2 months ago).. Can i still pass the google adsenses 6 month rule ? though i have a good worldwide visitors, i want more detailed advice on what to try to start ..as i have more plans to add features to the site but dont have $ :( check my top visitors- Clipboard02.jpg

Prakashd33, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  6. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would keep building for a while before applying at Adsense myself. But that's just me :)

tastysites, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  7. Prakashd33

Prakashd33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tastysites which platform you refer other than Adsense and what would have your strategies on Monetizing ?

8. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't place emphasis on monetization early on. I would place emphasis on not using pops, and keeping your domain history has pristine as possible, because when the time comes for you to monetize, you will suddenly jump into a premium tier, and cash will flow in to compensate you for your patience (lack of greed early on) and your hard work.

However, when the time is right there are 2 strategies.

Working with a network which can handle everything for you, you can give them google ad sense tags and tell them to beat ad sense or pass it back.

or you can design and structure your own waterfall of companies who monetize ad impressions and pass back to the next company which passes back to the next company. It gets complicated, but its a strategy that I find a lot of webmasters using and I even see some networks using it for remnant fill.

wrekoniz3, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  9. Prakashd33

Prakashd33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but this is going over my heard ....""you can give them google ad sense tags"" ?? (what it means :confused:)please explain in details like how its going to work and how to do it ?

10. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, so its called setting a floor and providing passbacks.

Setting a floor will tell the network, if they can pay X rate or higher, then they can fill (show an ad) the impression. However, if they can't find a campaign to show an ad to at X rate or higher, then they will show the ad tags you provide them (effectively passing the impression back to you). You would provide them AdSense tags and use AdSense as your back up fill since you know they always pay higher than most people, and you can set your floor (ie. X rate) to be higher than what adsense pays, forcing the network to out bid what you are making with adsense.

Where this gets really complex is where you stack networks doing this in a contiguous run down of networks with floors and passbacks to other networks with floors and pass backs to other networks with floors, until you hit the bottom and google or your best 100% Fill Network fills anything unsold (remnant).

wrekoniz3, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  11. Lucky12B

Lucky12B Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would keep it simple for now and look at developing an email list. You can offer to send them updates to new postings and maybe some interesting facts to go with it. Wriet your own ebook on the subject as lead bait or get some other type of free give away for the email address. You need to set up an autoresponder when you get a decent list and have your emails ready and your monetization will be in the emails. That will keep Google off your back and you will develop a list to market to.

Lucky12B, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  12. Prakashd33

Prakashd33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @wrekoniz3 thank you so much for your detailed answer ..It seems really a great idea though i have to find out how difficult managing this 'floor setting' and 'passing' with several networks technically ..aslo i need a lots of accounts approved for different networks i guess.

Prakashd33, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  13. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Prakashd33 Well, you can easily customize the code and limit the views/day/user so that it's better for you. I personally don't find them annoying even with the default settings. It usually only gets displayed ( the popunder ) once per user and per day

King Manu, Mar 6, 2015 IP