1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook and twitter ideas for a nonprofit with their own wine brand?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by wheelstb, Mar 3, 2015.

I have an opportunity to get a part-time job doing marketing for a not for profit organization that has their own wine brand and donates all the profits to charity. I need to come up with marketing/social media marketing ideas for them. If I do well, I will be offered the job.

The organization makes their own wine and donates the proceeds to organizations that help disabled people find employment.
    Drinkwinehelppeople.org
    https://www.facebook.com/100PercentWine
    https://twitter.com/100percentwine

Right now, they are using Facebook and twitter to remind people of upcoming wine tastings and recap events that they have been a part of.

I have been brainstorming for a while, but I don't have anything I feel is a really great idea. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

wheelstb, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's a lot you can do with that. But the number one thing to focus on is to measure the "gains" that you bring to the company. If you get them tons of business through awareness of their brand but they can't track where it came from then you won't get credit for it and you won't know if what you're doing is working. So base your strategy on measurable goals, and then think of ways to accomplish those goals. ie. 500 more unique visitors per month to the website.

PDD, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  3. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    PPD, thanks for the suggestion.

Stupidly, in my first post I left out that my plan is to post links, videos and other various posts dealing with disabilities, wine employment and various combinations of those topics.I didn't make this clear in my original post, but I am looking for ways to complement or supplement my general content generation strategy. Here are the ideas I have come up with:
    Increase storytelling. Bring in people's stories regarding disabilities and employment from other sources.

Mobile coupons or coupons via text message.Ladies night-our target audience is women between the ages of 25 and 65. Find some way to encourage them to have a "ladies night", gatherings with their friends where they use our wine. Obviously, employment for the disabled won't be the core topic of conversation at the party, but the parties can generate awareness for our mission.

Start partnerships with the national multiple sclerosis Society, the Starkloff Institute or other organizations whose mission it is to help individuals with disabilities find employment or thrive within the community.

Newsletter-a way to collect contact information or at least email address.A weekly social media guest speaker or blog post designed to demystify disabilities.

Establish relationships with bloggers or active social media users whose audiences have to do with the disabled community or women in our demographic. It could be as simple as offering them a free bottle of wine and explaining our mission.

A weekly trivia question on social media centered around wine or employment in the disabled community.

A periodic social media event where users are encouraged to ask our sommelier general questions about wine.

When people get together for a celebration, wine is often present. Routinely encourage our audience to tell us what they use our wine to celebrate.

Periodic contest promoted through social media in which the winners are set free bottles of wine.

Hopefully, now I have been more clear on what I need help with, it will be easier for others to join in on the brainstorming.

wheelstb, Mar 4, 2015 IP