1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your kind words!

Regarding referral commission - it is added directly to your account balance and is not shown in any charts or reports.

tomksoft, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  2. dave-london

dave-london Member

Best Answers:
    2 things,what is a tabup my users are claiming they are getting pop ups,although I have not implemented them,only tabups.Are they the same?
    And how do i change the code that I have already put on a specific page to have pop ups and more stuff without changing everything else.

dave-london, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  3. iamth3man

iamth3man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hmmm suddenly i didn't get my earning not a cent,i use the troubleshooter and everything seems to be in order :/

iamth3man, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  4. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My earnings are fine, I'm making around $2-3 an hour.
    Which is pretty decent for just pops.

lukey372, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  5. dave-london

dave-london Member

Best Answers:
    2 things,what is a tabup my users are claiming they are getting pop ups,although I have not implemented them,only tabups.Are they the same?
    And how do i change the code that I have already put on a specific page to have pop ups and more stuff without changing everything else.

dave-london, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  6. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    It not possible to implement "only tabups". Popunder is an enforced format. Another thing is that in some browser, we try to open a popunder but due to browser blocking (or custom settings), it is shown as a popup (and we are not aware of that). Tabup is just a new tab in foreground.

Regarding changing settings, you need to go to Websites, click on your website name, click on Edit button.

Either you have installed some other code that blocked our adcode or you hit our performance security subsystem. That could happen if you sent lots of traffic that did not open any pops(like zero iframe traffic).
    After our system sees few hundreds ad requests and 0 impressions, it will block your ad requests for 1-2 hours.

tomksoft, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  7. QasimHafeez

QasimHafeez Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like your network.. Why dont you people also start pay per click ads? :)

QasimHafeez, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  8. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Thank you :)
    PPC ads are the most complex from technical point of view. There is a lot more traffic to be handled, it is a lot harder to do fraud detection and prevention.
    Targeting is also super complex. Of course that is in case you want to get it done properly. We do something properly or do not do it at all - that's why we are not going to do PPC :)

tomksoft, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  9. QasimHafeez

Best Answers:
    Great..Its good to focus on the same field you are working on! I must say you are doing really well! I just once again joined back as I am once again back to blogging for a while!! I have seen the rates have increased than the last year!! :D Great going guys

QasimHafeez, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  10. QasimHafeez

Best Answers:
    Will using Infolinks and Popads on my blog cause any problem to my popads?

QasimHafeez, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  11. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    No problems on our end, but we cannot speak for Infolinks.

tomksoft, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  12. QasimHafeez

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the positive reply.. :)

QasimHafeez, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  13. garr

garr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to really love PopAds until the recent change(which I noticed a few days ago). Usually PopAds pop up in a new tab while the current tab is active. Now PopAds pop up in a new tab and redirects us from our current tab to the new tab. Is there any way you make it back how it used to be?

garr, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately it is not that simple. The problem is caused by new Chrome update in which Google has deliberately blocked tabunder and changed it into tabup.

We are actively trying to find a way around this.

tomksoft, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  15. garr

garr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh that's good to hear, hope you can figure it out. One more thing in chrome even if only Popunder is selected it still shows as Tabup.

garr, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Pop under was blocked in Chrome quite a while ago. Then all networks migrated to tabunder that got blocked with recent update.
    We have a fairly crazy solution in testing now. It can do popunder and most likely can do tabunder as well.
    Unfortunately it is very hacky and we are not entirely sure if it can be ported to adnetwork environment. If it can, it still might result in various compatibility issues.

Yet rest assured that in last few days we have been spending most of time on this issue. Also we are working on it with some other networks to make it happen as soon as possible :)

tomksoft, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  17. garr

garr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh I see, thanks for the info and all the best with handling this. Where can I see if it has been done, can you update here?

garr, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  18. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is chrome doing? They like to kill all the money business except adsense? I see PPI networks have same issues with Chrome and not I see also popunder networks.

webmoney, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  19. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Yes, sure, I will post here when we do the update.

I really can't understand why is Google doing that with Chrome. Like who on earth can think that a popup is better(more user friendly) than a popunder? Or tabup is better than a tabunder?
    On the other hand, what happens if you autoclick on a link to any downloadable file in Chrome? It automatically starts downloading it without asking the user. That's a problem that would need to be fixed first I guess...

And yes, everyone in the industry has the problem. As far as I know, not a single adnetwork now has ability to do popunder/tabunder in Chrome at this moment.

tomksoft, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  20. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mouse 1 button click on a link with _blank attribute is opening a new tabup in Chrome but Middle Mouse click on a link with same attribute is opening a new tabunder so I think can be done tabunder pop as well using some javascript functions....

w4rkr4f7, Mar 14, 2015 IP