1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $75 Logo Design Contest -- 72 HOURS ONLY

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Techs4Less, Mar 3, 2015.

Hi Everyone,

I'm back for another logo design contest. This time around I need a logo for ZipDigz.com. The site is currently under development. You can check it out at the URL but please note that its not functional and the design hasn't been finalized (so don't base your design on anything on the site).

I have conducted many design contests on DigitalPoint over the years and I always choose a winner and I always pay. Please enter with confidence. :)

Company: ZipDigz.com

Background: The site offers a marketplace front end where properties are listed for rent. Then on the backend they offer complete property management services (digital leases, payments, service requests, etc.). The full property management suite of services.

Colors: Currently the header of the site is a facebook-like blue. Would like the logo to look good on any color background. Open to any color combination you like. Just keep it to one or two colors.

Style: Iconic --- Icon/Image on left with Company name to the right -- ZipDigz.com.

Dimensions: Wide not Tall. Needs to fit inside a thin header so no tall logos.

Deadline: Friday 3/6/2015 at 12:00pm (noon) EST.

You can submit as many entries as you want. I will provide feedback on EVERY entry (just give me time to respond)

PRIZE: $75 for first place.

NOTE: I will also be awarding $5 prizes (up to $15) for designs that were good but didn't make the final selection. I like to reward people for entering into the contest and spending time on my project.

Please feel free to post any questions below and I will respond asap.

I'm super pumped to see all the great designs you all come up with.

Thanks!!
    Gerad - Techs4Less

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Techs4Less, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback appreciated:
    zipdigs.png

iulia87, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  3. wichi

wichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wichi, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  4. iamwiki

iamwiki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

iamwiki, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  5. Techs4Less

Techs4Less Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Wichi, iulia and iamwiki for the quick entries. I'll definitely be providing feedback on these entries later today. I like to provide feedback at the end of every day. That way I can post one feedback post for all the entries for that day.

I just wanted to post a quick note to tell everyone that its ok to have some entries focused on the auction part of the site, but the auction front end is only PART of the clients site.

The client also provides full on property management services (rent collection, service requests, etc.) on the back-end of the site. So its not ALL about the auction. Although that is one of the major components.

Keep the entries coming everyone! I can't wait to see all the great work!

6. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I tweaked the brief slightly to remove the focus on bidding. At the end of the day they are really an automated cloud based property management solution.

Similar to App Folio, Property ware and Buildium. Basically a SaaS site for property management.

Thanks everyone. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    muddy786 and topsniper like this.
  7. puttu

puttu Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

puttu, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  8. wichi

wichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Revision:
    [​IMG]

wichi, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  9. Kic3

Kic3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Kic3, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  10. swaroopte

swaroopte Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here are my entries..Awaiting feedback
    ZipDigz1.jpg
    ZipDigz2.jpg

swaroopte, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  11. topsniper

topsniper Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm IN

topsniper, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  12. logoesdesign

logoesdesign Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  13. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    wow this looks awesome contest Entering soon! Wait for my entry Please. Will bring something excited. Thank You

vectors, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  14. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mine;
    [​IMG]

katesrobyn, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  15. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great job everyone. There are some really solid entries here so far. I have a meeting with the client in an hour and then as soon as I get out of that meeting I'll post all the feedback here for each entry that has been submitted so far. Thank you to everyone for all their time and effort. This is shaping up to be a great contest. Well done everyone!!

Techs4Less, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  16. guideline

guideline Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

guideline, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  17. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Simple yet Effective design! :)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

vectors, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  18. TaufiqImam

TaufiqImam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    zipdigz.png

TaufiqImam, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  19. Erick0225

Erick0225 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My Try
    [​IMG]

Erick0225, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  20. Techs4Less

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi everyone,

I just got out of the first meeting with the client and they were very happy with the number of entries on this contest. Well done everyone. Seeing some great participation on this one. I first want to thank everyone for their time and effort. There are some really strong contenders so far and I'm looking forward to see what comes next.

Here is the feedback from today's review meeting. Remember the contest lasts until Friday and there will be daily feedback as promised. The first 24 hours are up and here is your feedback. I am providing the feedback one logo at a time (not by designer). So, if you submitted multiple designs, thats great. Just look for each feedback entry below.

1. iulia87 -- Post #2 -- As we discussed the client didn't want to focus the logo around the auction piece so this logo was declined. Thank you for this entry.

2. wichi -- Post #3 -- As we discussed the client didn't want to focus the logo around the auction piece so this logo was declined. Thank you for this entry.

3. iamwiki -- Post #4 -- As we discussed the client didn't want to focus the logo around the auction piece so this logo was declined. Thank you for this entry.

4. puttu -- PM Entry -- Great design. This is one of the top logos at the moment. The client wasn't crazy about the colors (blue/white/yellow). They would like to see green replaced with the yellow. They really liked the green that Kic3 used in his logo. They also wanted to see a version with the Z and D capitalized. They also wanted to see a couple other variations of the house. They don't want you to change the arrow they like how that communicates growth. They just were sure how to interpret the white bars inside the house. the bars also go down as they go to the right and not up. Can you attempt a couple revisions so I can show them a few options?

5. wichi -- Post #8 -- They were not thrilled with this design. They said the text was hard to read and they thought the house was too simple. overall it didn't have enough going on to stand out to them. This logo was declined. Thank you for your second attempt. You are welcome to try again if you wish.

6. Kic3 -- Post #9 -- They loved the color combo on yours. They don't like the .com on the end. They like it tucked up small under the Z of Digz. They didn't have to much additional feedback on this one. Its a contender. I think if you tried a couple other fonts and provided a version with the Z and D in lowercase (so they can see all lower vs Z and D capitalized) that would be great. Great entry!

7. swaroopte -- Post #10 -- They also like your design. They didn't like the colors though. Can you attempt a blue, green and white version similar to the colors that Kic3 used. They like blue and green as a color combo. Can you tuck the .com under the Z (they don't like it on the end). Can you also provide a version with the name all in lowercase. Great entry! This logo is also a contender.

8. topsniper -- PM Entry -- They thought it was a little too simple. I didn't mention the zipper at first and they thought it looked like a house. I told them it was a zipper and then they saw it, but they don't want a logo you have to explain. Can you try two new versions of this? One version where it does look like a house instead of a zipper and another version where the zipper looks more like a zipper. Also can you go with the blue, white and green combo as I have suggested for the others. Kic3's green is the favorite green so far.

9. iamwiki -- PM Entry -- They thought the rooftop one was too generic. They said they've seen logos similar to this already in the industry. I know you drew this by hand (vector), so I'm not saying you copied. I know you wouldn't do that. But they said it looks to close to others in the industry. Thank you for your entry but this was declined. They love how you make it look like a sign on the wall though. That's a nice touch to your entries. :)

10. iamwiki -- PM Entry -- They loved the logo with the box and road to the left of the text the grey/black and green one. This one is a contender. They don't want all the grey though. Can you make the sky blue in the box instead of grey and do a green,blue, white color scheme like the others? The building inside the box also looks a little commercial, can you make it look more residential? Thanks!! This one is a solid entry. They liked it.

11. iamwiki -- PM Entry -- The didn't like the circle/roof logo. They said it was too plain and they were not crazy about it. They declined this entry.

12. iulia87 -- PM Entry -- The client was not crazy about the key concept. I think it was because the key piece was so small. They said it looks more like bushes. Maybe you could make it look more like a keep and make the key part a little bigger/thicker and more like a key. I can't guarantee even after the changes they will go with this one. There are others that are higher on the list. So, don't spend time updating it unless you think you can make it a lot better. otherwise abandon it and try again. Thanks for your time and effort!

13. iulia87 -- PM Entry -- The client was also not crazy about the house/door open shadow concept. They said it looks like the profile face of Samurai Jack :). That one caught me off guard lol. overall they just weren't digging this one and declined it. Thank you also for this entry. I appreciate your effort!

14. logoesdesign -- Post #12 -- They said this logo was too confusing. they were sure what the intent was and what the image was trying to communicate. They saw the Z and D but it just wasn't interesting enough for them. Thank you for your effort, but they declined this one.

15. katesrobyn -- Post #14 -- They liked how this one was colorful, but didn't like the colors and it looks like condos/city buildings and they are really focused on single family homes. So the image doesn't match the company focus. If you can tweak it to match single family and tweak the colors, you might be able to get back into the running. Otherwise you are welcome to try again. In its current form, they liked it but declined it based on the buildings.

16. guideline -- Post #16 -- They didn't like either of these entries. They just weren't good enough to compete with the others. They didn't have specific feedback. They just declined both. You are welcome to try again. Thank you for your time and effort!

17. vectors -- Post #17 -- You took my suggestion literally and made it super simple and effective. However, they felt it was a little too simple. It was also missing the Z on digz. That was not a deal breaker, but they just wanted to see some more. This one got declined, but you are welcome to try again. Thanks! If you go the cloud route again be very careful to make sure its not close to the Propertyware logo. They are a competitor and the client doesn't want to look like a competitor. Swaroopte's is different enough to be good.

18. Taufiqlmam -- Post #18 -- This one got declined because their are buildings in the circle. They don't want commercial/condo focus. They are focused on single family homes. So it doesn't match the company focus. You are welcome to try again. Thank you for your time.

19. Erick0225 -- Post #19 -- They liked the font and how the circle looked like a sunset behind the buildings but they didn't like that it was office/high-rise style buildings. They are focused on single family homes and not condos/apartments. So they don't want high-rises in the logo. They want a house or houses. The colors were good and soothing. They always want the .com under the Z and not at the end.

Ok, I think that is all the feedback for every entry submitted so far. thank you again to everyone that has submitted an entry.

Right now the front runners are definitely (in no particular order):
    puttu, Kic3, swaroopte, and iamwiki

Congrats to you four! Everyone still has a chance at this. The client has not decided on a winner yet. Remember the contest lasts until Friday so there are still 48 hours left in this contest. The more entries the better.

Thanks you all!!

Techs4Less, Mar 4, 2015 IP