1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it Correct -- In IE 9 video Tag is not Support?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Paresh Shrimali, Mar 3, 2015.

I have an issue with an a fresh website. we upload a video File in website. Not a put a link of YouTube.

but In IE browser does not load this video. for other browsers have no issue.

I also set IE 9 Settings as per IE-9 Help & support Page.

Here i attached an snap shot.

when Site load that time video bar is displaying for small time duration(In Micro Seconds) then after Blank Page Displaying.

here i attached an snap shot.

Hope, I get solutions instantly.

Attached Files:

Paresh Shrimali, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It would be a lot easier to diagnose if you had included the code you are using to try and put HTML 5 video into the page... but...

Are you sure you have included a codec and container pair compatible with IE9? Remember, thanks to every browser maker having their head up their backside about which codec/container we should be using, you need at LEAST three different formats to come close to proper support... Those being:

H.264 codec in MP4 container
    Theora codec in Ogg container
    VP8 codec in WebM container

... and really if you code it properly, you should include a flash fallback as well.

Like most things HTML 5 it's a pain in the ass that is nothing more than code bloat and an "extra tag for nothing" that undoes the progress of HTML 4 STRICT -- why they couldn't have just added support for this to the OBJECT tag I still don't get. There's a reason APPLET, EMBED, BGSOUND and a host of other tags and attributes went the way of the dodo, and why IMG was even supposed to be on the chopping block before the WhatWG came along with their mouth breathingly idiotic "specification". and yes, I'm making air quotes around "specification" like a second rate Doctor Evil. "Laser"

But yay, vendor lock-in and pointless redundancies being spoon fed to us as it being the exact opposite. Even religion has to be looking at this one and going "wow, that's some good bull****"

deathshadow, Mar 4, 2015 IP
    Paresh Shrimali likes this.