1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I sell my idea for an iPhone app?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by pdmac8, Nov 25, 2009.

1. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can find a partner to make the programming. Quite hard to sell only the idea.

aditd, Jan 10, 2013 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  2. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blog posting would be a good idea. There you would get a lot of guys seeking ideas.

Bigbash, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Irregardless, of what that idea may be, it still needs to be created. You can`t sell an idea, because it hasnt proven anything.

What you can do, would be hiring a coder to built the overall general function, then sell with your concepts.

James Byun, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  4. JohnMarine

JohnMarine Peon

Best Answers:
    I found perfect site for creating apps...Yesterday I ended up on some site called apps-machine.com . I have to share it with you guys. I started creating my own app and after 15 minutes clicking on their control panel(no programming,just clicks) I made app in what user could make effects on their photos,paint photos,play music,play videos,have notepad,chat and stream music. They got literally 1000's of features on their control panel :D I think this could be a gold mine :p :p And I read something that they have free app development and so on. Aaand you can change everything all the backgrounds,colors,tabs...and you instantly see it on that same page through their simulator..don't know how they managed to do that but it is super handy...I am super excited at the moment..time to get some apps on apple and play store :D :D

JohnMarine, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  5. Ivailo Georgiev

Ivailo Georgiev Member

Best Answers:
    Just dont sell you idea, do it by yourself. :)

Ivailo Georgiev, Nov 1, 2013 IP
  6. Financialone

Financialone Peon

Best Answers:
    The App Incubator is shut down and is not building app ideas for revenue share any longer. This thread is from 2009. http://www.medlmobile.com/blog/2014/12/12/dear-app-incubator-member/

Financialone, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  7. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nike, just do it bro! don't sell it

nathan neeley, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  8. Owen Hamony

Owen Hamony Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just register the company offer equity to a programming partner and work on it and take it far as you can and then based on your revenue model if you start generating revenue talk to investors and close a seed investment round.

Owen Hamony, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  9. avroraventures

avroraventures Member

Best Answers:
    exactly - you can get a protype in less then $200. or try learning a bit of coding youself to get the working model going. then it will be easier to see then just an idea

avroraventures, Feb 20, 2015 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.
  10. Dominic Ceraso

Dominic Ceraso Member

Best Answers:
    To me, this is a catch 22. Generally i have never met an investor that would even want to think about tossing money into something as premature as an idea. They usually want to see a viable product that somewhat works - a prototype. How do you get a prototype with no money? Well, that is the million dollar question. I get approached daily with people that want me to spend my time to develop and application and pay me nothing to gain 'sweat equity' in their idea. This is a major gamble for us as developers - we may spend 100+ hours on development (that normally can be billed at anywhere from 50-185$ an hour for nothing. Now, in the long run will your idea take off and make both of us rich? Perhaps, however the odds are against both of us in this venture. What I generally do is counter offer these people with the following; pay me something anything - $500, $1000, $2000 that way i know you have more than just thought and effort into your idea and you are dedicated to making it work. It isnt about the small payout - I can just take paying gigs - and at this point in my career i dont have a shortage of those. To me, the initial payment along with equity is proving to me you believe in the idea enough to figure out a way to come up with some sort of payment option. If i were in the market for a develope and I had an idea that I thought would absolutely kill I would want to keep 100% ownership of that idea, or as much ownership as possible.

I would do whatever it took to come up with the 5,10,15 or 20k to develop the app and get it into market so that I can hold all of the risk and gamble. But the in the I win or I lose. Nobody else.

Just y .02 cents.

Dominic Ceraso, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  11. Owen Hamony

Owen Hamony Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you cant convince another person to work with you I dont think you will ever convince an investor to believe in you. At this stage forget investors and just connect with founders and build the best team to take the idea to a working product and then keep on generating revenue get users and then approach investors. If not you are wasting time coz fundraising is a full time journey.

Owen Hamony, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  12. alrudak

alrudak Member

Best Answers:
    App idea (quality,design,etc) has a very little impact on app revenue. I had made hundreds of different mobile apps for 7 years and I know what I'm talking about. If you have a good promotion for 2 apps (one is simple idea that everyone knows with many competitors and second is the super unique idea) the revenue difference will be minimal. It's hard to imagine but it's true.

Forget about app idea, it can be any. The only focus you should know is "Promotion" or marketing plan

alrudak, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  13. Regrouping-webmaster

Regrouping-webmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal opinion is that ideas are worth about $0.02, even if it's the next facebook. A business plan with research to show it's valid is meaningful. An implemented idea is too. But just an idea... brainstorming is very easy to come up with more...

That said, be very pragmatic. You don't have money, few can write apps themselves, is there a way to make this happen? Give it up and come up with your next 5 ideas before bed tonight? BTW writing phone apps is a get rich quick trap just like online marketing.

Regrouping-webmaster, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  14. ♕ Lord Krafty ♕

♕ Lord Krafty ♕ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kickstarter

♕ Lord Krafty ♕, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  15. _BINJ_

_BINJ_ Peon

Best Answers:
    ok so I've got an idea for a profitable gaming app but like many I have no money or programming/coding experience! Is there anyone here that would like to hear more of my idea and possibly help bring it to reality

_BINJ_, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  16. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
  17. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ideas without execution are worthless. You need to implement in order to sell your "idea". Sorry that's just how it works.. Every person on here has a million dollar idea that is worth $0 because there's no implementation if it. Investors invest in companies and ideas that have a proven worth or value.

Besides that... your idea of selling an idea is incredibly flawed.. I'd have to know your idea before I decide on purchasing it. And you can't legally protect an idea. So.....you have two options.. implement it... or go pound salt..

Personally... If I had a great idea... I'd be so damn excited I'd find a way to implement it. Not try to sell it.

NetStar, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  18. alexblack

alexblack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    Really good question. I found this article. https://artjoker.net/blog/how-to-sell-an-app-idea/ I hope this article will be useful

alexblack, Jun 20, 2017 IP