1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Option of differentiating between threads in Watch List

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AcidicLeo, Mar 3, 2015.

Hello Admin/Mods,

I've been using this forum primarily to enter in the contest held under the "Design Contests" section. Normally whenever I see a thread of my interest and in which I am willing to participate, I add that thread into "Watch Thread" list, so that I have an easy reference next time and I don't have to search around forum to look for it.

However, after the contest is completed or say I have submitted my entry, I want to mark that thread in some different manner from the thread for which I still have to submit my entry. Since both these kind of threads appear on same Watch list, it becomes difficult after certain amount of time to differentiate in which thread I have already submitted and which other thread is pending.

If Admins can provide some way of either marking that thread in different color OR giving an option of strike through OR better give an option of creating sub-folder inside the Watch List as it is available in standard vBulletin subscription option.

That way I can mark/move my completed threads in different folder and manage my watch list cleanly.

Waiting for your views, Thanks.

AcidicLeo, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What about moving it from being notified via email to watching it without email notices?

digitalpoint, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  3. AcidicLeo

AcidicLeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never select notify via email option. Its always notify with notification. But the point is irrespective of whatever notification option I chose, when I click "Watched Threads" option and then subsequently click "Show all watched threads" all the threads come up. Now I am confused with which thread I have participated and in which thread I have not.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For you personally, would you just use it in the Design Contests area?

5. AcidicLeo

Best Answers:
    For me, yes, since I visit ONLY that section.

But for others it may helpful. For say you, you as admin reply to this thread and put it into watch list. Till the time you don't come to a resolution for this thread, this thread remains marked for you and as soon as you see your Watch Thread list it is highlighted.

Now, as soon as you are done with this thread, you may still want to bookmark it but since this thread has met its resolution, it may be unmarked.

I understand implementing this function for few user base may not be worth but as standard vB functionality allows me to create folder inside my Subscription list, then why not here. Even if I had the option of creating folder inside my Watch list, I'll personally make a folder saying "Completed Contest" and move threads manually.

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well in the case of the Design Contests, I was thinking of completely building a real system to handle them, rather than just done in threads. Similar to how we have unique systems now for Site/Domain sales, Digital Goods (plug-ins, scripts, templates, graphics and eBooks), and articles being sold (see here). Probably would make more sense to build a real contest platform vs. just adding stuff here and there to thread subscriptions.

7. AcidicLeo

Best Answers:
    Oh! That will be great then. If I may suggest one addition. Can you add one more Tab in that system which may say "Completed" or similar so that someone doesn't bang his head into a contest thread which has been completed.

This marking of completed can be done by Thread Starter the way it is done in Help forum. For say, if I chose a best design I will select it best in similar way as I do in this forum by clicking "Set Best Answer". Just a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it.

Thanks a lot for taking out your time and helping. I appreciate it. :)