1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it safe to use OKpay?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by khanals, Feb 28, 2013.

I am very interested to use OKPAYfor business purpose. When I searched review about it, I still could not fine reliable suggestion. How is it's service and is it realible to use on business? if anyone using it please suggest

thanks in advance

khanals, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  2. khanals

khanals Member

Best Answers:
    I think no one is using this on DP

khanals, Mar 5, 2013 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okpay is Uselesss, I have tried Them & I must say it is not Good For Doing Business With Them.

iwebsocial, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. dr_logo

dr_logo Member

Best Answers:
    am using it in sharing site and hosting services, it's good

dr_logo, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  5. khanals

khanals Member

Best Answers:
    @iwebsocial thanks for response, but can you explain why its not good to do business with okpay?

khanals, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  6. cashx

cashx Peon

Best Answers:
    Okpay is safe, but you have to do all the ID verification before you start accepting payments. Problem is people don't do this then cry when their funds are held. I had to upload a Passport copy scan even though on their site they say you don't need it, but for some countries you do.

So:
    - get completely ID verified
    - transfer a small amount to make sure everything works and no holds
    - now start accepting payments

Bonus with Okpay is you can withdraw all your money to bitcoins if you want for only 1% fee, now go on website localbitcoins.com and find somebody in your area who will give you cash for the coins in person.

I haven't used their ATM card I always withdraw to bank wire or bitcoins. You can also withdraw to money transfer, like Marco Polo or contact-sys money transfer system for some countries.

cashx, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually Their Verification Department & Methodology Sucks. It is Too Hard to get Verified With your Genuine Id Proofs.

iwebsocial, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  8. Pitu

Pitu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally use Okpay for 1 month and i don't like it .

Pitu, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  9. BastardKiller

BastardKiller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right!
    Sometimes it's too hard to get verified in payment systems...
    But I think sometimes, that in some systems where you can easy verify even your cat, it is also easy to steal all the money from your account ...

BastardKiller, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  10. khanals

khanals Member

Best Answers:
    my account is verified but im not using this payment processor coz dont now where to use and how to use

khanals, Aug 29, 2013 IP
  11. gfx

gfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got an okpay verified account. It took 2 months for me to get verified, their verification process is cumbersome. But if u work with them they get you verified.

But there are not many places where u can use OKPay, may be in the future..

gfx, Aug 30, 2013 IP
  12. atinga

atinga Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can I know how you got your account verified?
    We have been using OKpay for business for the past years without any problem.
    Unfortunately our account is not yet verified.

atinga, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  13. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, verification is part of all DD and KYC policy. You won't find any payment processor where you don't have to go through this process! That said, they have been around for some time and you can't find really bad reviews.

fionix, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  14. gfx

gfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    My account is my personal account, not a business account. I have verified my account sending,

1. My National ID card scan copy (both sides)
    2. Bank Statement from my Banker

Later they did not understand my Language on the Id card and ask for clarification. Then I send them an "English translation of my id card", then for further confirmation I have also sent my Passport scanned(first few pages).

After doing that, within 2 or 3 days later they informed me, that My account is fully verified.

hope it helps.

thanks

gfx, Sep 3, 2013 IP
  15. Peter R

Peter R Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes not even notarized and apostiled documents is enough as verification with okpay.com
    Maybe next step is a finger through postal mail sent to them.
    My experience with them:
    http://www.talkgold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432999

Peter R, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  16. Peter R

Peter R Peon

Best Answers:
    A different experience with okpay from what I have. For the last months I just have my money locked. Another aspect would be is it bad customer support or just scam? The miscommunication or bad intention? They asked notarized documents which were provided including apostile now they want it from a different country.
    Furthermore they ignored my request to get their company details ( which are not really posted on their website... makes you wonder how they ask so many documents but fail to provide a single piece of information of theirs that is mostly listed in all websites ) and just stopped answering...
    They are probably a good company until they decide to take your money, at least this was my situation.

Peter R, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  17. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    New to the forum only 1 post!!! Take care guys.

fionix, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  18. Peter R

Peter R Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your warning regarding me. I am not here to scam anyone, just sharing my story. And my story continues:

Remember when I told you that they changed the rule of verification and asked for apostiled documents in uk? things took another turn since that moment:
    I was told it was the bank that requested the country of apostilation and notarization. Here comes the troubling part: their terms and conditions:
    "Unless ordered by a ruling body of competent jurisdiction acceptable to Issuer, Issuer shall not reveal User’s contact or identifying information or transaction history to any third party." - so to me bank is a third party and I haven't funded my account with bank wire nor sent bank wire so my only relation is with okpay, the bank is a third party to me.
    Ok, this is another proof that they don't comply with their own terms and conditions. Last time they didn't specify a country for documents notarization and apostilation and now they share my information with other parties without my approval.
    But there's more, they considered again and now it's possible to notarize and apostille in another country as well, so it's not just UK, it could be Germany as well.
    Well scam or not to me but not sticking to their terms and policies doesn't look good to me. Regarding my low number of posts I'm sorry for this but if more updates from okpay come I'll post them so my number will increase as well.

Peter R, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  19. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And you keep thinking we're all stupid..!

fionix, Mar 3, 2015 IP
  20. Peter R

Peter R Peon

Best Answers:
    That was not my intention, if it sounded like that I am sorry. I am just sharing my exeperience with okpay and in my case it's not been a good one.

What I think it's really stupid is okpay.com not applying a simple rule of the apostile:

http://www.hcch.net/upload/abc12e.pdf - please take a look at question 13 and you'll see that there is no requirement to have the apostile made in a certain country. The site I provided information from is an official one.
    So this should be a clear proof that I am not the one making a mistake in here.

Peter R, Mar 4, 2015 IP