1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sharing my new motivational idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MrCollins, Feb 24, 2015.

So I had this project where I was going to try and make several videos over a short time to turn it into a product. Writing down lists, tasks, etc. didn't really motivate me. I like motivating messages and I had this thought while I was making a video.

Make my own motivational video to myself!

I did it and after the first time I watched it, I was convinced. I'm very willing to believe myself and I know that if I can't convince and motivate myself every time I watch it, then it's not the right topic or direction.

I just wanted to share this because we all seem to focus on putting content out there for others, and there's no person in your own corner rooting for you. It took me a couple takes, but I watched it each morning and it helped me realign my goals and thoughts better than any to do list I've ever made.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone had done this or if you try it out, put how it went for you.

MrCollins, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    jrbiz and tastysites like this.
  2. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like a great idea, and since I've been working on videos for a little while now, I should try it for myself. Some days it seems difficult to stay focussed and on task, and there are so many distractions that sometimes half the day has gone by with no real productivity. I'm going to do it this week and will come back to this thread to let you know how much motivation I got out of it. :)

tastysites, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Before all these new technologies - Internet - Videos - Mobile Phones et al...

All the motivation I needed to work everyday - Was the thought - NO WORK - NO MONEY!

That still applies today - There is no alternative - MORE WORK = MORE MONEY!

britishguy, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro, jrbiz and tastysites like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you are raising a very valid issue. If your content is not convincing to you, how can it be convincing to anyone else? Great idea and I wish that more webmasters and writers would use this principle as their guide. By the way, welcome to DP!

jrbiz, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For me, motivation is the pure outright fear that I will fail and the wife and kids counting on me will suffer as a result! Worse than me having no money and suffering is the thought of others suffering because of it.

jrbiz, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro and britishguy like this.
  6. antoseeg

antoseeg Member

Best Answers:
    Great idea. Self-motivation is something I've been doing for years, and it works wonders. I have a habit now of writing down motivation quotes for myself wherever I can write. I have quotes in my car, in my recreational areas, and at my home work desk. And I also read motivational material when I'm using the bathroom.

antoseeg, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    On a lighter note. God didn't give me a handsome pan, so if I make a video of myself telling myself to stay motivated, if anything, it will probably drag me down. Honestly, I do not like seeing myself on pictures or videos.

However, when my beautiful wife encourages me to stay motivated - well, that's a different story! :)

qwikad.com, Feb 26, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's good that you can motivate yourself no matter how you do it. There are days when I wake up and just say to myself "my work is on autopilot so why should I work today?", then the dollar signs cling in my head like a light bulb and I get started immediately. In this game you are running a business you are not under a clock. Yes, time is money but time is also very valuable in the online marketing industry. Stay focused!

Curtis Dawson, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  9. MrCollins

MrCollins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I got a whole lot done over the last 2 weeks that I did this. It turned out great for me. By the end of the 2 weeks, I didn't feel like I needed to watch the video because I'd heard it so many times. I think what made it different than other motivational videos was the fact that it was directly to me and for my situation. I think that makes it different than any other motivational speaker or speech out there.

MrCollins, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  10. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good for you! Congratulations!!

I get inspiration from everywhere. The good film, the shower, the walk... all. Also other work.
    The key for me is to try to remember the situation, "how did I get to this point?" and then, when the days of less motivation knocks on the door, then I know what will bring the motivation and the inspiration to life!

It's different for each person.
    But I truly believe, every life, every person, every work, no matter what, includes some boring and dull parts!
    The key is to avoid these places along the way to success...! It's a challenge, I can tell!

angelica c, Mar 3, 2015 IP