1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two e-shops, one payment gateway. Is it possible

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Joe Donnel, Mar 2, 2015.

Hi,
    I have a website that has a payment gateway and merchant account (lets call it myshop.com). It working perfectly and gets a decent volume of sales. My wife wants to sell some home-made products (lets call it hershop.com)and I know the volume of sales will be very small. So my question, Is it possible to setup her shopping cart on a different domain but once the payment method of "pay by mastercard / visa" is selected then the payment is handled by my site. She does not mind that the payment handling name will be myshop.

My only idea is to create an I-frame on hershop.com and then put the cross browser htaccess line in myshop.com to allow it. Meaning the customer stays on their hershop.com but the payment is handle on myshop.com.

So is there any solution out there already to allow this, maybe if there's an ecommerce store that has a plugin / feature to allow this then I would migrate my shop to that as well. Or maybe there is some code out there or even if a genius on here has an idea I can try get it coded up. Any advice at all is gratefully accepted.
    Thanks

Joe Donnel, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is sorta like etsy but on a smaller scale. This can be done with wordpress running in network mode. Though, her shop would sort of be part of the entire site if that makes sense.

You can do something like wife.site.com The cart system would basically be MarketPress in this case.

I am in the middle of fixing an issue for someone that is using this http://wedevs.com/theme/dokan/ Which would sorta serve your purpose.

Now, with that said, if you want to go the first route, you can do this https://premium.wpmudev.org/project...=4zm2eACRr3mCyw3g0H6_Ow&bvm=bv.87269000,d.aWw

whoa sorry for that link.

So basically both sites would live on the same server but the subdomain(wifes site) would get mapped to her actual domain name and both shops at that point would get routed through the same cart.

Hope that makes some sense. Its not as hectic as it sounds really but you may need to rethink how you have your main site built in order to do this.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  3. Payment Expert

Payment Expert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In general this will work, as long as your wife is ok that all of the collected revenue will be under your account for tax purposes

Payment Expert, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  4. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Ya you can have 2 domains with single payment gate way, but for that your site (mysite.com ) must allow to access payment gateway with out login and then once customer click buy now in hersite.com then the product information from hersite.com must be transferred to mysite.com so that user can make the payment.

aceriker, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  5. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Completely in favor of Aceriker. You can easily use the 2 domains and single payment gateways, but make sure you need to decide which domain name you need to use for payment gateways. If you use one domain name, then you can easily redirect to your other domain name into 1st domain name where it is included with payment gateways as explained by Aceriker.

Lipipaliwal, Mar 11, 2015 IP