1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anyone have tips to find clients for article writing??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CashFragomedia, Feb 25, 2015.

I've already secured my first client and gotten a couple works off to him so I have one confirmed sale but i'm applying like crazy to elance jobs with no luck.

How do you guys market your article writing?

CashFragomedia, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  2. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have a portfolio?

Work on your personal branding first, because there is a plethora of freelance writers. You have to stand out with your portfolio.

What is your specialized area of writing? Instead of targeting everyone, focus on dominating a field first :)

Just my 2 cents.
    Alvin

Ethan Alvin, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  4. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make a simple website for yourself with sample articles written by you that are 100% Copyspace passed. The next step would be going to the content creation section and post your services on there. The average rate people charge is between .5-1$ per 100 words. Make sure when you write content that you proofread it and always use spell and grammar check. You can start writing for content mills to get the feel of writing content and also go on sites like Odesk and forums such as digitpoint to find clients to write for. If your writing is good, it won't take long to find recurring clients.

Curtis Dawson, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  5. Profitup

Profitup Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are write high quality content, make your price a little lower and you will receive many clients. Also, look at the other languages markets - France, Italian, Spain, Chinese, Russian, etc. All of them need quality english articles and pay good for that!

Profitup, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily. I actually consider this rate to be very low and it can only attract low-quality writers. For a writer it might be ok to start on that level but they have to move up pretty fast if they don't want to remain in this niche of questionable content. OP already secured his first client which is great, this can lead to more business or at least build up your portfolio. Patience is the key, accept only projects you know you can do excellent and build up your rates as you build up your experience. ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  7. CashFragomedia

CashFragomedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Roger prices lowered to a more reasonable 5$ per non SEO 10$ per SEO. thank you for that tip, where do you find access to these other language markets?

I was thinking the same thing I took this job at 5$ an SEO article knowing it was a bit of a low price only because right now work is work. However I'm aiming to quickly establish my quality so that I may offer a higher price without getting stuck in long cheap contracts

CashFragomedia, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  8. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are always different price points for different tiers. Quality is at times subjective, but it really depends on it as well.

Ethan Alvin, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  9. CashFragomedia

CashFragomedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you check my site? I'm pricing now at 2$ per 100/w SEO works and 1$ per 100/w creative works now, you seem to have a bit of know how would you pay 10 $ for one of my articles if you were a prospective client? If not what would you recommend i change about my writing style to better suit marketers needs?

CashFragomedia, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  10. Profitup

Profitup Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not a problem. Try to find "seo forum" and "webmaster forum" with Google translate on the different languages. I'm sure you will find many.

Profitup, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  11. crick3t

crick3t Active Member

Best Answers:
    Present your work in a professional manner

crick3t, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  12. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    Try the online freelancing websites. You can list all your skills and you will find clients for your work.

Resource9, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  13. Profitup

Profitup Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is not the best way for novice, because of many customers don't want to work with new freelancers...

Profitup, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  14. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. But, if your content and writing is good people will want more orders from you resulting in recurring clients.

Curtis Dawson, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  15. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    So what is the way for a new freelancer to showcase their skills and search for their first prospect in your opinion? Because I really can't think of a better way right now ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  16. Profitup

Profitup Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So, you can find clients in other places and after job is done you can ask them to create task on the freelance board, close the deal and exchange reviews.

Profitup, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  17. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    Those "other places" are exactly what OP (and later me) was wondering about ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  18. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ok first! I really advice you to take a step back from the elance. I mean the market is great but already got much people that you wont be even consider. For example I bought their bids pack. And I was taken to the search result but never even consider. You may want to try other freelancer website or use your services on digital point and it will work for sure! :)

vectors, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  19. whywell

whywell Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose that bellow site could be a good place to do that,google doc.

whywell, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  20. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Marketing your content is just like competing with the most great content in the web today. You must know first your specialty in a specific field to be able to compete well but first present to them your masterpiece that will convince them that your content is unique and interesting compared to others.

KylieSweet, Mar 4, 2015 IP