1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternatives to 99designs.com?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by brandondrury, Feb 19, 2009.

I'm looking to have some graphic work done. I like the idea of 99designs.com allowing me to look at the work before I pay.

However, my situation is a bit strange in that I need 8 similarly themed graphics that are nearly indentical. It doesn't make sense to create 8 contests (at a cost of $320 going to 99designs.com) when I really only need 1 design with a few small alterations.

Are there any similar sites that don't charge $320 for 8 similar contests?

Brandon

brandondrury, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  2. l3fty

l3fty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    l3fty, Feb 19, 2009 IP
  3. Soner

Soner Active Member

Best Answers:
  4. Akshay Aggarwal

Akshay Aggarwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had a similar requirement for my custom fashion store and got it done @199$ from www.designhill.com. You get multiple variations and if you need more options to select you can have multiple prizes. Its really simple and effective, got my designs in 10 days and could choose from 120 options.

Akshay Aggarwal, Feb 28, 2015 IP
  5. moneyleadstodeath

moneyleadstodeath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Catch 22, contests are great for the end-user and shocking for the artists or creative's. I've been encouraged in the past to enter these things to get some extra work by mates but the problem is you are doing the work and not guaranteed to get anything out of it. that seems a little counter-intuitive to me?? I wonder how many really talented people have stepped away from that portion of the market because of those fears which kind of thins out the gene pool so to speak!

moneyleadstodeath, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  6. Nathan O.

Nathan O. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    try fiverr, elance or odesk

Nathan O., Mar 17, 2015 IP
  7. Karl S

Karl S Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    BuySellJobs is a pretty good one that I use

Karl S, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  8. SandraGenJobs

SandraGenJobs Member

Best Answers:
    Elance, Odesk, Fiverr, Freelancer, those are all great sites. But keep in mind that if you want to get some quality work done, you WILL have to pay for a good designer. Do some research before hiring and don't just hire anyone.

SandraGenJobs, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  9. lemontwist

lemontwist Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at the contests here you will some some very good work being submitted by many. I believe there are some requirements about being able to post a contest including how long you have been a member here. Or there used to be anyway.

I agree with the other poster that for the graphics person it can be a lot of work put into something with no guarantee, however from the buyers perspective, everyone has their own style and you really can't determine if theirs is the right fit until you see their work. Which reminds me, I need to post a contest!

lemontwist, Mar 25, 2015 IP