1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am in search for a script ...

Discussion in 'Programming' started by trecords, Jan 30, 2015.

Hi All,

I would like to start a new business about e-gift card. I need to build a platform where partners-shops will register and offer their Gift cards and user will send gift codes to their friends of the specific shops. I am developer and want to know how can I start to building such platform. I need something similar similar what I can modify for my needs. At east any shopping cart which offers multi stores which I can modify. Joomla Drupal script extensions are also preferred.
    Waiting for your suggestions.

Regards,
    Turkel.

trecords, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  2. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to use Joomla/Drupal extensions why don't you use one of the two CMS's to begin with? If you have used them previously and can get your way with them any of the two can build you such a website with the proper tuning. Especially if you are Drupal-savvy I am sure you will be able to give life to such a project. Even WordPress with the proper extensions and modifications can help you in this venture. The functionality is all there, its all a matter of how experienced you are and which tool seem most user-friendly for you. ;)

Rado_ch, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  3. trecords

trecords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually these CMSs have many extra features which loads site and makes complex environment. I would like to have full functional multi-venedor ecommerce script which is way more close my point. I am most experienced in wordpress joomla then drupal but I agree with you that it is posible to make anything with these CMSs. Time is issue, I don`t need to lost tons of time into what is already done on somewhere. It is always better to research scripts before start programming and I just need some example scripts for m y purposes.

trecords, Jan 31, 2015 IP
  4. ajf7688

ajf7688 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should try Prestashop, It's a dedicated e-commerce solution. They also have modules to implement multi-vendor(Marketplace) functionality.
    The learning curve is steep at first but once you get the hand of it it's pretty neat to work on. As you have mentioned research, you should do a feasibility analysis first to see if all your requirements are met, set it up locally and give it a shot.

ajf7688, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  5. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I understand it, merchants can register at your site and list gift cards that can be spent in their own stores, correct?

For example, a merchant that sells shoes at Dashoes.com registers at your site AllGiftCards.com with a sub-domain dashoes.allgiftcards.com that lists and promotes gift cards that Customers can search for and use on AllGiftCards.com?

Correct?

TheDataPlanet.com, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  6. trecords

trecords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is :)

trecords, Mar 12, 2015 IP