1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Link Submitting in Directories work ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by urbanrestro, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Breakthrough Psy

Breakthrough Psy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Folks,

For "Link Building" I will not make any specific recommendations, because many of the previous contributors have already covered many of the basics.

What I would like to suggest is that link directories or aggregators that result in traffic do in-fact exist. These include Reddit.com, Tumblr, Stumblupon, etc. Posting your blog articles to these pages may result in social traffic to your site, but conversions may not be as high as with organic search. The real question is: What is the quality of your content, and how searchable is that content? Be certain that Google can find it fast, and submit to these sites for an additional experiment with how these social media sites can drive traffic from time-to-time, but remember not to over-submit, because this could trigger spam filters.

Link Aggregators That May Drive Traffic:

Reddit.com
    Tumblr
    StumbleUpon

Best,

Erik

Breakthrough Psy, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks funny but that's the reality these directory submissions provides less impact on rankings and traffic, the worst nothing at all.
    It doesn't mean that you have lots of traffic it will convert and I will not be surprised if those lots of traffic has high bounce rate.
    These directory submissions are already abused and most of the marketers disregard this kind of method and focus on more effective ways of building product and services through different platforms.

Directory Submission sites vs. Social media sites, Blog sites, Forum sites, Reddit, Delicious, Articlebase, Sooperarticles, etc.

See the difference and mostly on the influence that can generate for your site. This is the reality that you can never change.

KylieSweet, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. if I am not mistaken, I am referring to the ''strategy'' and not mainly to your directory site.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  4. ThisRocks

ThisRocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its all about the quality, contextual backlinks are great place to start to gain high quality traffic that converts, we provide a high quality manual backlink service, please take a look at our list services at http://buycheaplinks.com
    Or here is a link to our youtube channel as well which contains video explanations of each service https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUfXVDEDGBK0hFXqyrOFLbQ

ThisRocks, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  5. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's funny because I have more than forty domains, only a few of which are related to web directories, and I include directories in my marketing, with very good results, so I know that, while you may state your opinion as fact, it isn't reality. Submitting to junk directories (of which there are many) isn't a good idea, but Google hasn't even gotten around to most of them.

6. Siraj Mahmood

Siraj Mahmood Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all about time to time conversion, activities, domain age, content quality and specially site criteria. I agree with your words but remember that, don't lose your focus from your destination.

Siraj Mahmood, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is proven and well known by most of the reputable webmasters. You cannot level up your experience with just directory submission. Reality it is.

KylieSweet, Jan 25, 2015 IP
  8. Rinku2013

Rinku2013 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Directory Submission work.. if you are submitting in good quality directory and selecting correct category. But don't rely only on directory submission to get links. Try other methods as well like blog commenting, article submission, social bookmarking etc.

Rinku2013, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Consider paid business directories for getting the best response. Also, if you are doing free directory submissions then make sure that you are submitting only in the professional business directories, otherwise the directory submission will be of no use.

MilesWeb, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  10. Asem_ahmed

Asem_ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    According to recent Google updates best practice is submit 5 links per a day. example : 5 social bookmarking, 5 articles, 5 directories sites. But don't overload your optimization.

Asem_ahmed, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  11. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did Google specify 5 links limit in their best practices update? :D:D:D

Jeffr2014, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  12. Searchism

Searchism Peon

Best Answers:
    Directories still work. Choose the RIGHT ones, and choose proper anchor text(s).

Searchism, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  13. Asem_ahmed

Asem_ahmed Peon

Best Answers:
    :) Jeffr it's a kind of example i got traffic by using such methodologies, i believe directory submissions works well.

Asem_ahmed, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  14. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why you don't think that so. it's of course, work!

Atikur, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  15. vikie sangre

vikie sangre Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's true only for those who are using directory sites from 9dir, try few cheap paid directories link rather than doing submission blindly. Only 5% directories approve links.
    But Links from old directories are still beneficial.

vikie sangre, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  16. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    There are hundreds of good directories. Unfortunately, there are thousands of really bad ones. Rather than avoiding them all, learn to tell the good ones from the bad ones.

17. James Martinn

James Martinn Member

Best Answers:
    Do follow link building Directory Submission Site, do follow social bookmarking web 2.0 creations and article submission in high PR sites!

James Martinn, Mar 14, 2015 IP
  18. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't updated its public PageRank anymore.

19. Mrh mamun

Mrh mamun Member

Best Answers:
    High pr directory submission can increase your impression on search results.

Mrh mamun, Mar 15, 2015 IP
  20. Web Directory Reviews Org

Best Answers:
    That would be nice except that Google doesn't update its public PageRank anymore.