1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think Google+ sucks?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by owenbick, Dec 10, 2013.

1. skymoney

skymoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sucks! G+ give you advantage such prioritized on google because all your posts on g+ is immediately indexed on google.

skymoney, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  2. Just Affiliate

Just Affiliate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google + to my understanding, i think it's as daily used to backup every activities you are involved in on the internet.
    Most time i login to my G+ Account and found out to see all my activities outlined together make's me give Google an impression of doing a nice job anyway.
    Some times your videos on Youtube are stored and when friends accidentally visit your G+ Page and view; it can as well count as a view thereby improving your ranking on youtube.
    To my own understanding and feelings, i think it's ok.

Just Affiliate, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  3. amarrly

amarrly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use G+ daily, If used properly it's an all in one twitter/facebook/reddit (ect), I think the learning curve is a little steep and people expect it to be just a click and go social media site. I find it is a treasure trove of information for example i have circles with my interests also known as communities, I have circles with just friends and circles with family members, My news feed is now populated from over 4000 communities/people with similar interests to me, I still use facebook and twitter but there just for fun eating my lunch time sandwich, G+ is fun and a very useful tool

amarrly, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion on google+ is constantly changing. It goes from "G+ is completely useless" to "I wish everyone would switch to G+" every couple of months. I personally think the design and functionality of the network is PERFECT. The only thing holding it back is that not enough people use it. I have a feeling that if something were to happen to Facebook, the best alternative social network would be G+

YJunK, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  5. Molly Fallone

Molly Fallone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'm a student of the industry learning about social media/content marketing/online marketing at school and at my internship. Part of my new responsibility at my internship is to help manage some of our social media activity like Twitter/FB/Instagram. I asked about Google+ & someone in our office says it's not worth my time to be posting on Google+ (as only techies are into it right now), but at a conference recently the speaker said it is in fact worth posting on Google+ to help improve rank? I also agree, I think the functionality of the network seems great, but there doesn't seem to be that much traffic...Any advice? (My agency is on the more traditional side- www.appleboxstudios.com but we're trying to learn more/embrace social/content marketing...it is exciting stuff!)

Molly Fallone, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  6. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It doesn't suck. Give it time and it will be the new Facebook since there are news that Facebook is gonna charge their users $3 per month.

Droid82, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  7. mariatech

mariatech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No I don't think so that Google+ is sucks ! I think Google+ is one of the best platform to improve your branding and market your business

mariatech, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  8. Laishram Bidyananda Singh

Laishram Bidyananda Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google + is the best way to increase traffic..if you use it in the right way

9. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't really understand it. Circles..hangouts, ¿?¿? I tend to avoid it.

aidanriley629, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  10. DeadlyTeaparty

DeadlyTeaparty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Far from it! It's helped me to gain more subscribers and great for automatically promoting my videos on which is effectively a "separate" website.

DeadlyTeaparty, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  11. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google+ is actually pretty decent after getting used to it. I like it much better than Facebook.

ViolentAJ, Nov 16, 2014 IP
  12. Diana Wallace

Diana Wallace Member

Best Answers:
    Google Plus is important in growing your business. Consider it one of the most important platform in the realm of social media. Why? It has 500 million users who are sharing posts, photos, and now integrating Youtube videos into it. It is a great place for joining communities. It drives traffic. And most importantly, it indexes Google Plus posts/shares immediately.

Diana Wallace, Nov 18, 2014 IP
  13. Christina Mayer

Christina Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Google does not suck! Google is the future of online marketing. :)

Christina Mayer, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  14. David Garcia

David Garcia Member

Best Answers:
    I think it requires a lot more time to deal with it. As I have read in the thread, it is not that much of a user friendly site. However, we have to think that if you get used to it, everything can become user friendly.

David Garcia, Jan 20, 2015 IP
    Ence Litsep and alex_d1 like this.
  15. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a big fan but since it's a Google network it can help out big time for SEO.

ceenote100, Jan 20, 2015 IP
  16. Robin Dewar

Robin Dewar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Right now (start of 2015) Google+ is the easiest place to build a large following fast and cheap. Last year I used circloscope (G+ follow/unfollow tool) to build over 7k followers on my personal account and a further 15k across business pages. All in the right niches, real and engaged. Cost? Perhaps two hundred bucks tops.
    You can't do that on Facebook so cheap. I've now even outsourced the process to my VA and don't even touch it any more. I also work on Twitter which is great... but Google+ has a 24 hour limit on following your 'quota' and the quota starts at 50 but when you get up to 3k followers it grows to 300 - so you're able to follow more each day than Twitter (100 per day generally). The 300 limit is recommended (by circloscope admin) for business pages but for a personal profile you can keep going and when you get to 5/6k followers you are following 500 people every 2 days. That's fast audience building and cheap.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Robin Dewar, Jan 22, 2015 IP
    alex_d1 and purpleorange like this.
  17. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the sentiments about the user experience of google+ the only real benefit I have been able to see is the fact that on my android my photos and videos upload automatically which allows me to post easily. Same with my simple blog but I feel that it lacks in real plausibility. One of my issues is the color scheme I feel that red has such a bad affect on people. Too many symbols in western culture are used with red to signify danger and stop.

Ence Litsep, Feb 26, 2015 IP