1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube Posting Questions

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by jrbiz, Feb 22, 2015.

I have never put up a video on Youtube; however, I am about to have a new, 75-second animated video that is a spoof of monster movie trailers. It is targeted to Data Center managers and Network managers who I hope will find the movie trailer amusing and perhaps pass it around to their colleagues, etc. My "monster" causes all kinds of data center and network problems that these folks run into on a regular basis. My goal is to get my network cable business more exposure, of course.

So, I would appreciate suggestions as to how to get maximum exposure for the video on Youtube. I know that keywords will be a key component but I am not sure if I should use monster movie trailer keywords, or networking problem keywords, a combination of both or perhaps something else? I also am not sure of how many such keywords are optimal?

Beyond keywords, I am not sure what else I should be considering or doing to get more visibility on Youtube? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

jrbiz, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  2. Zacksaw

Zacksaw Member

Best Answers:
    Well i can help you get partnered with your channel for sure, not 100% sure about keywords for such video.

Zacksaw, Feb 24, 2015 IP
  3. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a channel on YouTube and join a subscribe to other channels. Comments on other related videos can also bring views to your own

haier, Feb 25, 2015 IP
    eric_wahlberg and jrbiz like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will look into those suggestions.

jrbiz, Feb 25, 2015 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Subscribe, like and comment in other channels. And when you do comment make sure that it is not too long or too short.
    Make your comment noticeable and intriguing in a good way, a question will also do. In this way your comment will bump up get noticed and you might get some clicks on your profile too. If you want people to notice you then make you and your channel noticeable.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 25, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Best way is to add relevant tag regarding your video and subscribe to other channels to make it popular.

You should also add an option of subscription on your video so that you have devoted set of people to see your video.

eric_wahlberg, Feb 26, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. AndrewRxP

AndrewRxP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should post the video in all places (forums, fb pages, linkedin blogs, youtube channels and others) related to data centers. These may be threads, post or comments. You may also find a lot of managers working in this field in social networks and send your video to them via PM and try to distribute it in this way. But everything will depend on your video viral potential.

AndrewRxP, Feb 27, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you add as many relevant tags as possible to the video. Also, you mentioned the keywords, try looking up the competition on the keywords and see how much there is. You might be able to tweak your keywords for less competition. Once the video is posted, you can find relevant videos and do a video reply with your video and others will be able to see it. Also, share the video with your Facebook friends and web 2.0 sites.

Curtis Dawson, Mar 2, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.