1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please tell me, how can I increase my CTR above 1%

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Scott Reinhart, Jan 27, 2015.

1. josephseeley

josephseeley Member

Best Answers:
    CTR is heavily impacted by niche, type of site, and traffic source. I've had sites with 25% CTR, and ones with < 1%. Without knowing more about the site it's hard to say what the problem is, if any.

josephseeley, Feb 22, 2015 IP
  2. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    25% CTR ..... come on... 5% is actually a great CTR and having 25% I can assure most of your clicks would be accidental and it is a big issue and against google policies to have accidental clicks

Waqar Akram, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  3. josephseeley

josephseeley Member

Best Answers:
    No, it was just due to niche and type of site. The ad placements were just 728x90 under the header and 336x90 floated in the first paragraphs, and an ad unit at the end of content on a basic Wordpress blog. Nothing fishy about it. The niche is just one where people love to click on the ads (older audience, not tech savy, in a buying mood).

Some examples of what I'm talking about... all else equal:

- Tech/gaming will have lower CTR than gardening/arts and crafts. (these being the extremes I've found across ~200 sites over the years.)
    - A site with low page views per visit will have higher CTR than site with high page views per visit.
    - Site with high repeat traffic will have lower CTR than with no repeat traffic.
    - Site with no social traffic will have higher CTR than site with lots of social traffic.

Which all illustrates why CTR isn't a good metric to judge by itself. You want repeat traffic, it's the best indication that your site is valuable. It will lower your CTR. You want social traffic from visitors sharing your great content. It will lower your CTR. You want lots of page views per visit. It will lower your CTR.

I make most of my money off my < 1% CTR sites. They're low CTR not because of ad placement (which is much the same and constantly being split test to improve it and ward off ad blindness), but because they generate a ton of repeat traffic, lots of pageviews per visit, lots of social traffic from people sharing the site with their friends, in a gaming niche. The sheer number of visitors and pageviews means even with a very low CTR it's still a lot of money.

josephseeley, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  4. Waqar Akram

Best Answers:
    nice can you please add me on skype ??

My skype Id dr.waqarakram

I think we can talk about this in detail..

5. josephseeley

josephseeley Member

Best Answers:
    Email works better for me. Skype doesn't work well on my internet connection. My username at gmail.com

josephseeley, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  6. Waqar Akram

Best Answers:
    hi my username at gmail is entryguide @ gmail.com

Please send me an e mail.

Regards