1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone in India scammed me out of $1100

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Jihoy, Mar 7, 2014.

1. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    strawberrybob, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK. Thanks for making it clear.:) I guess some things just got lost in the flow of discussion and everybody automatically started 'assuming' that YOU were the one who was scammed by that person OP has referred to.
    Anyway, any luck with your money?? $50 it was, right?

Content Maestro, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  3. strawberrybob

strawberrybob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah it happens in the flow! :) No luck with that $50. Skrill support sucks in these cases.

strawberrybob, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :( I've never used Skrill but have heard a lot of people saying that it's one of the most reliable payment processors. But this comes as a bit of shock! Anyway, I hope you've learned your lesson now. Next time you deal with someone you don't know, DON'T pay fully until you've received your stuff.

Content Maestro, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  5. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In that case you could have opened a new thread, it would also help you to get specific solution. As OP's and your problem is quite different to each other.

seo_buzz, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  6. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woops! Sorry for the trouble :p I just wanted to help out the thread owner and anyone who got scammed by some guys in India.
    My only request is to not attach the nation's name before the scammer, that too with incorrect information :) ^_^ Happy posting!

winappleworld, Feb 19, 2015 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ROFL, so its not ok to defame india, but its ok to defame bangladesh for what is an 'unproven out of a courtroom' reason?

Sadly being scammed is just a normal part of being online. In most cases, it is better to simply move on. Take steps to reduce the likelihood of future issues. Not just using escrow, but using other online systems where one person gets paid after delivering whatever it is they were paid to.

matt_62, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  8. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sad for op and being an Indian it pains me even more that a fellow countryman scammed him.That said,let it be clear that it has nothing to do with persons nationality nobody noticed that op himself scammed the fb by violating its terms.Anyways coming back to the topic,the intention of op was not to defame any country by disclosing scammers nationality but to get specific help probably from Indian members. I am ready to offer my help if op wants and shares with me all information. Although,as suggested by others,scammer can not be booked in this case but he can certainly be booked for money laundering case.I can give local authorities tip off of scammer receiving this funds from op and the scammer would be in legal trouble

haier, Feb 21, 2015 IP