1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing in advance

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by anbspot, Jan 27, 2015.

Do you write all of your posts in advance? If so, how far out? Or do you just write your post and then post it because you need to right then?
    Do you make a calendar for when and what posts you make?

I just want to get a little insight on how you all manage your writing. I started making a calendar and filling it in with all my post ideas and making them work better with all the Holidays and time of year. This way I have deadlines because without them I wouldn't get anything done.

anbspot, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  2. HostHub.io

HostHub.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello! Yes, organizing the posts is a good idea, but also if you plan on writing news articles those would have to be written and posted on the spot since they present a recent event. Good luck!

HostHub.io, Feb 3, 2015 IP
  3. rose@youzign

rose@youzign Member

Best Answers:
    maintaining a calendar for posting (in our case blog posts) is the first step
    we make to increase our site's traffic. We've proven how consistency and quality
    affects our site's traffic. So I can say you're just doing the right thing. I, on the other hand
    just don't feel comfortable with deadlines but looking at the bright side, it helps me
    stop procrastinating and go on with writing.

rose@youzign, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    I usually write when I "can" or when I feel like it. Sometimes that means that I write up to 8 posts in advance, but that doesn't happen as often as I would like it to. I need the "deadline pressure" to be there for me to write quality texts.

YJunK, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  5. nard

nard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I usually write my content in MS Word and then paste it on my blog editor. I prefer that way so I can easily check my content for grammar and spelling errors. Sometimes when you write directly using your blog editor, you’re going to make a few mistakes and chances are, those mistakes will be posted and noticed by your readers. Also,writing on MS Word also gives me assurance that in case anything happens, like a power failure or internet problem, my work is saved and I can easily retrieve it.

nard, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  6. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

yes, we do that sometimes. We do that because we do not have any regular posts. So, if there are more articles/blog posts created at shorter period of time, we just want to have a minimal delay between two posts are published.

O-D-T, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  7. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    I actually started using CoSchedule for WordPress. It is a premium plugin but I love their scheduling and social aspect.

I use Evernote for capturing ideas. Then I write in Scrivener. Then I use Co-Schedule to schedule them in WP. My goal is to be at least a month out with content.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  8. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keeping a calendar is more or less useful when you have a constant flow of content and you are working on a deadline. Writing many articles in advance will defy the opportunity to write about hot news and topics and, frankly, imho it reduces the quality. Any writer, regardless of how good they are, need a little creative break or else they risk starting to sound templated and not that interesting to read.

Rado_ch, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  9. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but don't you think that it depends on the type of site? For example, I do in depth how-to articles. Generally speaking those are not news related. However, I do leave room for inspired pieces based upon WP news, etc.

I am always looking for ways to be better in regards to my topic, so I am curious your thoughts.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 16, 2015 IP
  10. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Most of my posts are written on the day that I publish them, but I also keep a backlog of posts that I can use when I'm in a slump, creatively, or when I don't have the time to write a decent article. Most of my backlog stuff consists of drafts that require editing, and some of it is content that I bought from various writers. Some of that is good to go, but many of the articles that I buy need to be rewritten, sometimes because they weren't written very well to begin with, but most often in order for them to be a better fit for my niche.

11. ITeachBlogging

ITeachBlogging Member

Best Answers:
    I was trying to open your website but couldn't, would you provide a link? I would like to check it out.

ITeachBlogging, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  12. funmom91

funmom91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I used to write out my posts on the weekend and schedule them out for two weeks so all I had to do each day was promote. However, my schedule has been hectic so now I just write out posts whenever I have the time. Sometimes they may be scheduled out for a few days while other days I end up writing the post the day it needs to go live. I hope soon to be able to write on the weekends and schedule out in advance as I was doing before.

funmom91, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  13. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed the type of website matters. However for such a website project like yours I think what I said is in full effect. Writing in-depth articles require time for research, result analysis and plans on how to best present the information. An in-depth article is not written in a matter of a couple of hours and the important thing with such is quality, not quantity. So I really doubt that someone writing such content will write it so fast and professional that they can be "ahead of schedule" so to speak ;)

Rado_ch, Mar 18, 2015 IP
  14. Pat Waldron

Pat Waldron Member

Best Answers:
    I write 1,000 words a day in my journal/rough draft (over 200,000 words a year). So, everything becomes a re-write/re-examination of something I wrote before. I like the idea of using a calendar to organize. Like newspaper comics.

Pat Waldron, May 23, 2015 IP