1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Brands ever be successful on YouTube??

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by ThePeloton, Feb 19, 2015.

I suppose once they learn not to keep putting corporate videos up then maybe they will. My company's personal fave is camera store AdormaTV, we even wrote this up....http://www.thepeloton.tv/general/best-business-youtube-channel/

What do you think? Will brands ever be successful on YouTube?

ThePeloton, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you call "brand". I think it's totally possible, depending on which sphere the brand is working in. I think very business-oriented brands will find it difficult to make YouTube work for them as a stand-alone platform. As a bonus or supplement to their main content — maybe, but not as a standalone platform.
    I think the key that most "brands" are missing is engagement. Their videos clearly have an agenda — selling, whereas most people are looking for videos that will be valuable to them as viewers not as potential clients.

YJunK, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is too broad of a question. Of course some brands can benefit from Youtube, many are doing that already. Depending on the scope of business your visual representation might be very important to gain recognition and engagement. Of course not as a standalone platform, any business that considers a single communication method as a strategy is bound to fail. So to answer the exact question asked - yes, brands were, are and will be successful on YouTube ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  4. ThePeloton

ThePeloton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, far too broad a question. Though the likes of Google, Coca-Cola, Honda Trucks and of course Red Bull have the resources and can focus on making YouTube part of the mix. Others definitely haven't. However those that haven't are being told very loudly that they have to invest in video content.
    If you look at financial institutions for example (many of who could have the resources), they populate their channels with 'Corporate video' and ads. A quick look shows that Wells Fargo are the most successful but only have 20,000 subs, the rest both turn off comments and seem rather worried about being there. However, there is an appetite, there are examples of non bank financial content that nail it and get the views.
    Like the Adorama case study shows, most companies can find a way of engaging on the platform, it's up to them whether they can form the culture and mindset to do so.

ThePeloton, Feb 19, 2015 IP
  5. VictorDNP

VictorDNP Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't look at YouTube as some magic machine in which one can put brand and get recognition.
    YouTube is just a thing which connects millions of people. If brand knows how to speak to all these people and how to communicate with them effectively - it's than doomed to success!

No doubt YT has a lot of special aspects which has to be learned by marketers

VictorDNP, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  6. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think youtube is one way to increase your campaign. Ask your social media friends to view your video.

Dario McNut, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  7. lokomotifbag

lokomotifbag Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can use fiverr service to incease likes

lokomotifbag, Mar 19, 2015 IP