1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Focus on Facebook or use all social sites?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MarketExpert, Feb 8, 2015.

I have been making facebook pages and adding people in my related field to build a decent following. Just over 1,200 freinds now. Is it a better use of my time to just continue building my network on Facebook only or should I join as many as possible and try to grow all my social profiles equally? The latter is proving to be very time consuming but if it's worth the effort I will continue.

MarketExpert, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  2. HostHub.io

HostHub.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello! Try to make an account on every social network, it is a very good idea, yes. You could insist mostly on Reddit, since it has so many subreddits and people there are usually very kind. Good luck!

HostHub.io, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  3. Saulkaroo

Saulkaroo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is expanding day by day and I personally feel that it's the apt way to get real viewers for those pages and websites. It's good to add people from there according to their interest, I think. But, on the other hand, inviting too much people can make it sound spamming activity. So I personally recommend that, you add people according to their interest and not haphazardly.

If your site interesting enough, they will keep on coming. Good luck with your site. Have a nice day.

Saulkaroo, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use a facebook fan page instead and create a facebook like campaign. This will help your audience engage with whatever services and products youre selling.

etc, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  5. jcw

jcw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Having profiles on all the major social networking sites would be optimal. That doesn't mean you have to devote as much time to the other ones as you do facebook. If you are already succeeding there, then focus on that. But also open up your business to the opportunities on the other networking sites and put links to those profiles on facebook and your website(s).

jcw, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  6. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should focus on social media sites because SMO is a key factor in SEO nowadays.

King-Servers, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  7. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is still a big chunk of the social media so put focus on it. But if you want to get more, you should have profiles on all social media platforms.

thewriteone2345, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  8. Robert Coleman

Robert Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think focus on social networking site is better opportunity then only using the social networking site. As different types of users are available on different social sites so it is good to use all social site.

Robert Coleman, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  9. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is about trending. Now is that one trending, tomorrow is the other one . The idea is to not depend on a single one, but don't try to use all of them ! That's a rookie mistake.
    Yea you can master one, two or maybe three of them, but anything beyond that is just a waste of time.
    Social media is at its best when your profile / fan page becomes viral. When a lot of people visit, comment and like. When they share your posts that's when it's worth it.
    Otherwise you're just wasting time that can be used more productively !
    and you can't tell me you can master them all!
    I am only using Fb, twitter and pinterest.

King Manu, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus only on what you can handle, and create an account only on major social networking sites that you think will be helpful for you.
    It isn't necessary to be on all social networking sites, besides you must be able to update it as often as possible.
    To be order to be successful in using social networking sites for business purposes, you must reach out to your audience and engage.

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  11. rajniseo

rajniseo Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook itself is an ocean and we can get enormous traffic from there. But be honest and polite while making connections.

rajniseo, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  12. ChristopherCarman

ChristopherCarman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No need to focus on other networking sites. Facebook is a best networking site which anyone can use with the help of personal computer or by smart phone. It connect many people according their interest.

ChristopherCarman, Mar 10, 2015 IP
  13. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. Facebook reach is reducing all the time. I would stay away from Facebook if I were you.

Tedel, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  14. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many fish in the sea so dont waste time only on FB they are good but you will have to look more open mined people on like other media,ex..reddit,g+,linkedin,,so many

CYCchips, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  15. TommyBWoodall

TommyBWoodall Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have to focus on all social media sites because all sites gives a path to share your idea with many people. Most of the people having same interest to create a group for sharing views of each other. These groups are give you a way to enhance your business.

TommyBWoodall, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  16. webbom

webbom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on the type of site you have, you should also focus on other social networks. For example if is recipes, or fashion, you should also be on pinterest.

webbom, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  17. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Its better to make other social medias you could connect them then. Because there are other people who use other social medias more occasionally than facebook and from that you could drive more traffic. Just be sure to update these other social medias. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP
  18. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your niche, if your niche is suitable with FB audience, go with it. For CPA/CB/Adsense, I go with FB. Twitter/IG for CPA and selling shoutouts.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP
  19. xendurinan

xendurinan Banned

Best Answers:
    If you can participate on all the social media sites that would be best for you. But if you haven't enough time for participating all the social networking sites than Facebook would be the best option for you. Facebook can bring a huge amount of traffic.

xendurinan, May 8, 2015 IP
  20. spacehades

spacehades Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with you. Most of traffic from my site are from facebook. Twitter and IG works well, but compared to all social media, FB bring the most "returning visitors" in my experience.

spacehades, May 8, 2015 IP