1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

James Bond Domain? New Movie Coming Out This Year!

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Ferrari310, Feb 11, 2015.

I was wondering what you guys think of the domain "OO7 .TV" LLN

The new OO7 movie is coming out this year and I bet its going to be a big hit!

Double O Seven (dot) TV

The domain is also PR3, if that changes anything in your appraisal.

Thanks.

Ferrari310, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So 1st off, 007 is trademarked and the fact that it's on a .tv probably wouldn't help your case. I'm sure the holders wouldn't be too happy if you developed a bond related site on it. Given, "00" vs "oo"...I'm not a trademark attorney.

It's more or less an imitation of the name a buyer would be after which is the NNN.tv. Which was actually purchased for $700 last year.

There's really no value to this name, purely the novelty of owning it. With that said, sometimes novelty does pay quite a bit. I really wouldn't be too surprised to see this hitting somewhere in the $XXX numbers. But any appraisal would really just be a guess.

sweetpea69, Feb 11, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So it would be a violation if I linked to Fandango and other similar ticket reseller sites as an affiliate? Less content more links to external sites. Or perhaps, link to amazon as an affiliate to make money off previous dvd titles.

How about a CPA site? Free OO7 movie ticket if you complete an offer using trialpay etc...

There are a bunch of trademarked domains with CPA offers... Like freeplaystation4.com and what not...

Ferrari310, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  4. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anything bond, 007, merchandise related on the site, would be a violation.

Sites like those are running a risk. There's cases all the time of webmasters running sites like these for years, no peep from the holder, and then "bam", in court. Sometimes it's cheaper to make an example out of someone...granted threads like this in DP are pretty common lol. I don't see the value in you holding onto the name, or developing it. That's just my opinion. I would get rid of it.

sweetpea69, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  5. Ferrari310

Ferrari310 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I at least allowed to sell the domain? Or is that a violation too? Like can any legal action come back to me if the guy that buys it starts a Bond 007 website then gets caught.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Ferrari310, Feb 12, 2015 IP