1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Almost 5 years now on fiverr, but couldn't get much of it. Any tips

Discussion in 'General Business' started by China_girl, Feb 9, 2015.

Hello readers,

I have been on this site fiverr for nearly 5 years now, but it seems that as compared to all the other sellers, I am not able to make that much out of this site. Every day I see so many emails and alerts coming to my registered mail and read about someone becomes a superseller and gets so many orders frequently. What is it that I am doing wrong on this site?

Is there any other way to bring on our gigs on the first page or atleast viewed daily by the people who wish to actually buy something from this site.

If you have been on this site and have some experience, kindly share here with me, since I tried on the fiverr blog and forum, but everytime I just come across some bots or super sellers who just tell me how much they make, instead of giving some actual suggestions.

China_girl, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  2. MisterHost.NET

MisterHost.NET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To have success in Fiverr you should be the first with the idea (orginal Idea).
    As I can see you are from China and you are a pretty Woman :) Ill suggest you to start doing business with shipping items. China have good and cheap things.

Wish you a good luck :)

MisterHost.NET, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would probably just move on and try something else. 5 years is a long time to give something a good shot. If you're not making much now, chances are it's not your field to be in. I'd move on.

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  4. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need to move somewhere else where your services gets to be found by people who needs it. Seoclerks.com is a popular site for freelancers in the field of SEO.

etc, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  5. ophy

ophy Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried Fiverr for a short 3 months trying to make extra cash on the side. The only work I did was providing simple favicons and website logos. Having a portfolio linked somewhere on your page helps a lot with this, so if you can showcase your work.

ophy, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  6. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What type of gigs are you offering? Please be more specific so we can give you a more-tailored advice.

ablaye, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  7. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice, but on fiverr, we cannot sell more than $5 and the shipping cost would be too high, if I try to sell any product to send other country.

8. China_girl

Best Answers:
    Its not that I have not made money at all, however in five years I have made around $3000, which as compared to other sellers on this site is very less amount.

9. China_girl

Best Answers:
    Thanks I will try it.

I have kept promoting my gigs on facebook and couple of more sites.

10. Atikur

Atikur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make a better plan for the success. Unless you'll never be succeed in your business.

Atikur, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  11. China_girl

Best Answers:
    The gigs are all about facebook commenting, facebook likes, advertising on my fan page which has more than 1 million likes and so on.....

12. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're from China, maybe you can dropship too. There are lots of investors looking for someone who can dropship from your place to anywhere. This should be a better way to income.

etc, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  13. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a GOOD and INTERESTING idea, you will success! Think about WHAT people could expect for just 5 bucks! ;)

patco, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  14. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try and have targeted words in your title/description that people will search for. Also, consider making multiple gigs for each service you offer.. For example, you're selling FB fanpage updates..You could technically create two gigs around this:
    Gig 1: Facebook Status Update to Over 1 Million Followers
    Gig 2: Post on Facebook Page with Over 1 Million Likes

You've now got 2 gigs offering the same service, but one targets people looking for "status updates" or "followers", while the other targets people searching for something like "Facebook Post" or "Likes"...Just a suggestion. You could do similar with the comments too.

FPForum, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  15. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    I'm with the one guy who said move on.
    $3K is a fair number but not for 5yrs. That's like $20 a week.

Even though there are a few big players earning a lot most are going to be earning pocket change. Another reason you should leave fiverr is because they charge you a 20% fee per transaction. Now paypal charges a bit too. You are not going anywhere quick paying that kind of earnings out. I'm not sure what you do there and if it cost you money to do the deals you sell on there but still.

Also you have to keep in mind that networks like that are bound to change. It may work now but in a couple of years it could be just a loaded spam site that no one cares about. Facebook has turned into just a pile of spam, youtube is a sesspool of trolling, twitter is like a celeb rumor place, the digitalpoint site auction area is now just a pile of fake pagerank, fake traffic, scams.

If you don't quit then you probably could earn more by bouncing up to say $1,200 a year as opposed to your $800 but it's not worth wasting your life on.

The whole thing is not worth it. Do it as a passive hobby and put your efforts towards something that has a better return.

DinoJRG, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  16. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Girl you have to move on, $3K for 5 years? That's $600 a year, which you can get else where, Make those fiverr gigs as a sideline. Dont invest most of your time and energy to it. It's not worth it.

Vitarank, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  17. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What has being a pretty woman got to do with shipping items business?? :confused::rolleyes:

Content Maestro, Feb 11, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  18. Lateef Olajide

Lateef Olajide Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you consider arbitrage. At times it's great to choose a service on fiver. Then find businesses that needs the service. Make deals and have service provider on fiverr do the work instead of doing it yourself. There are couple of material on arbitrage you can search for.

Lateef Olajide, Feb 11, 2015 IP
  19. DinoJRG

DinoJRG Member

Best Answers:
    Dude come on. Everyone knows that planes fly better when they are parceled from a pretty woman.

DinoJRG, Feb 11, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch and Content Maestro like this.
  20. China_girl

Best Answers:
    Seems a good idea too, thanks

China_girl, Feb 12, 2015 IP