1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

remote wamp server on windows vps

Discussion in 'Apache' started by afimafis, Feb 8, 2015.

i installed wampserver on my remote windows VPS.i opened port 80.
    after that i try to connect it by typing "h t t p : / / remotelink" on my local machine browser.but i can not connect.so how ? thanks

afimafis, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't use Wampserver on a production VPS. For starters, make sure your Wampserver is configured to accept connections from the internet and not just the localhost. Then make sure your VPS does not have a firewall setting preventing access.

billzo, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  3. afimafis

afimafis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "make sure your Wampserver is configured to accept connections from the internet and not just the localhost"

thanks. how to do it ? firewall is pasive

afimafis, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your best option is probably to head over to the Wampserver forum and ask over there. And see this configuration information:

http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,119754,119754

As for your firewall, I have no idea really. I have no experience with a Windows server. Is your VPS managed? Do they offer support? I suggested you check the firewall because on some Linux systems the firewall is configured to block connections by default, so if you install a new program you might have to manually open the port. I cannot say the same about Windows.

As for Wampserver, I know that XAMPP is intended for development use only and not for use on a production server. I imagined that WAMP was the same way. A quick search shows that some people are using WAMP for active websites on the internet. You can possibly get some tips from this:
    http://pierrebaron.fr/blog/using-wampserver-in-production/

billzo, Feb 10, 2015 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't really anything wrong with using Wamp, although some of the default settings should be changed (especially the SQL-settings) - the default is there for ease of access for a dev, not for security for online hosting.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 11, 2015 IP